USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep. big difference. it wouldnt make me sad if there simply wasnt a nc for that year. :grin:

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

It does hurt the current players, and by extension the school because it will mean less players=worse teams=less $. They can't go back in time and take the revenue the school generated while cheating so they must leave a mark on future $. Penalties of this sort are supposed to be an inducement to not cheat. It has been this way for quite awhile and if it needs to be changed in the future, then so be it. Currently it is the system we live in, and USC should abide by it.

I know, I know, abiding by current rules is not really their thing. Well, they are gonna have to walk the line for awhile now...

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

So, how long can USC tie this up in court before the sanctions are initiated?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can blame Reggie Bush's failure to cooperate and USC foot-dragging for that.

5. Bobbielee

Bobbielee Fair Weather Fan

USC hit hard by NCAA sanctions

USC has received a two-year bowl ban and a sharp loss of football scholarships. The NCAA cited USC for a lack of institutional control

The NCAA also ordered USC to vacate every victory in which Bush participated while ineligible.

Lane Kiffin, and USC also lose 30 scholarships over a three-year period, 10 annually from 2011-13. The Trojans received four years of probation.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They don't want this to go to court. Then all those people that refused to cooperate with the investigation will have to testify under oath and open themselves up to perjury charges.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Additionally they need this process of sanctions to move forward and end as soon as possible. Any court proceedings would delay things should they lose in court. Potentially damaging the program for an even longer amount of time.

8. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

I read the report, and the Bush "family" are some gready $%^*$ Starts with cash, then a car, then rims for the car, then stereo and alarm for car, then more cash, then hotels, then airplane tickets with hotel, Limo rides, then house, then furniture, throw in a trip to Hawaii....more cash....and it NEVER stops.
    Karma is a MF....It will come around, sorry for you Saint fans (including myself). I hope Carrol loses every game at Seattle.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Don't think for one second, 3 Pete, i mean 2 Pete, crap i mean 1 Pete, damn, i mean No Pete, didn't know that the hammer was going to get dropped. He bolted for Seattle for a reason.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I dont think any player at USC can be held to their scholly right now. As I understand it every player on that team is eligible for transfer without penalty. Further, any recruit signed and not reported is eligible to get out of their LOI.

I believe USC will have some of these scholarship losses reduced on appeal but it wont be much. They might get back 1 or 2 a year at most. Make no mistake though, even if they win back a few scholarships they are going to be playing with 60 or 65 scholarship players in a couple years. That is SEVERE depth problems. They wont meet the 75 limit anytime soon either. The NCAA is just wasting their breath on that limitation. Either way they are sunk for a LONG time even if they win an appeal. USC probably wont matter for about 7-10 years.