USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. Bobbielee

Bobbielee Fair Weather Fan

USC hit hard by NCAA sanctions!!!!!!!

I can't describe my sadness for USC, Kiffin, and Orgeron .

Let me try. ROFLMAO! :thumb::rofl: :thumb: :rofl: :thumb: :rofl: :thumb: :rofl: :thumb::rofl: :thumb::rofl: :thumb:

By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer
    LOS ANGELES(AP)—Southern California has received a two-year bowl ban and a sharp loss of football scholarships in a report on the NCAA’s four-year investigation of the school.

The NCAA cited USC for a lack of institutional control Thursday in its long-awaited report, which detailed numerous violations primarily involving Heisman Trophy-winning tailback Reggie Bush and men’s basketball player O.J. Mayo.
    The NCAA found that Bush, identified as a “former football student-athlete,” was ineligible beginning at least by December 2004 and through Bush’s Heisman-winning 2005 season, which ended with the Trojans’ loss to Texas in the 2006 Rose Bowl.
    USC will lose 10 football scholarships annually from 2011-13. The Trojans also received four years of probation.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats huge right there, man that sucks for those kids, but the parents should have done a little more research.

I guess Henderson can fall back on his dad's rap career.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that is what i was confused about. so if they havent started summer school, they dont have to sit out a year?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This has to be the craziest day in June college football has ever seen with all the conferences having teams bolt and added, and then the USC sanctions. :lol::lol::lol:

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Such an enjoyable day!

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

With USC down, the other teams joining the PAC 1 must see an opportunity.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

mark may reminding everyone who was on staff when these things occurred, and who is back on staff now.

:popcorn:

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Pretty sure that is correct because they wouldn't have enrolled and the eligibility clock would not have started. But I am not sure if there is a rule about full-time student during the summer and eligibility because at LSU 6 hours is considered full-time during the summer.

So maybe if the prospect is only considered a part-time summer school student then the eligibility clock would not start running and he could petition the NCAA to get out of his LOI.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just think, you are USC, you get the hammer dropped on you with sanctions, and the same day you find out that you have to play Texas, and OU in football at least once every 4 seasons, or maybe every season depending on how it breaks down. :lol::lol:

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

already had your popcorn ready huh