USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Now we can talk about scholarships.....holy cow! That's a huge hit! so that means they can only have 75 guys on scholarships in 2011 2012 and 2013? What about the amount they sign each year? I guess it doesn't matter so long as they stay under 75???

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

wow. i really had no confidence in the ncaa to do the right thing.

i was so wrong!

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

THANK YOU YAHOO SPORTS!!!!!!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What are the recruits that signed this past season thinking? Henderson and Prater and all those cats. They won't be able to play in a bowl until their senior season pending they don't redshirt.

edit: junior season, its a 2 year ban on bowls.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

6. LaSalleAve

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Why now? it looks like we were on track and even taking the under. :hihi::wink:

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Here's all the details, official report:

Bowl ban among penalties for Southern California - NCAA.org

The penalties, some of which were self-imposed by the university and adopted by the committee, are:
    • Public reprimand and censure.
    • Four years of probation from June 10, 2010, through June 9, 2014. The public report further details the conditions of this probation.
    • Postseason ban for the 2009-10 men’s basketball season (self-imposed by the university).
    • Postseason ban for the 2010 and 2011 football seasons.
    • One-year show-cause penalty for the assistant football coach (June 10, 2010, to June 9, 2011). The public report further details the conditions of this penalty.
    • Vacation of all wins in which the former football student-athlete competed while ineligible, beginning in December 2004. This vacation includes participation in any postseason competition, including football bowl games.
    • Vacation of all wins in which the former men’s basketball student-athlete competed during the 2007-08 regular season (self-imposed by the university). The committee also stated this vacation must include participation in any postseason competition, conference tournaments and NCAA championships.
    • Vacation of all wins in which the former women’s tennis student-athlete competed while ineligible between November 2006 and May 2009 (self-imposed by the university). The committee also stated this vacation must include participation in any postseason competition, conference tournaments and NCAA championships.
    • Reduction of football athletics scholarships to 15 initial grants and 75 total grants for each of the 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years. This represents a decrease of 10 scholarships for each of the three seasons.
    • Reduction of men’s basketball athletics scholarships from 13 to 12 for the 2009-10 and 2010-11 academic years (self-imposed by the university).
    • Reduction of the total number of recruiting days in men’s basketball by 20 days (from 130 to 110) for the 2010-11 academic year (self-imposed by the university).
    • A $5,000 financial penalty (self-imposed by the university).
    • Remittance of the $206,200 the university received for its participation in the 2008 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship (self-imposed by the university). In addition, the committee noted the university must also forfeit all future distributions scheduled for this appearance.
    • Disassociation of the former football student-athlete, the former men’s basketball student-athlete and the representative who provided extra benefits to the former men’s basketball student-athlete. This disassociation includes the refusal of any financial or recruiting assistance, as well as other conditions, which the public report further details.
    • Release of three men’s basketball prospective student-athletes from their letters of intent (self-imposed by the university).
    • Prohibition of all non-university personnel, including boosters, from traveling on football and men’s basketball charters; attending football and men’s basketball team practices; attending or participating in any way with university football and men’s basketball camps, including donation of funds; and having access to the sidelines and locker rooms for football and men’s basketball games. The public report further details appropriate exceptions for these limitations.

9. LaSalleAve

To add to this, how many recruits do you think Ogre and Kitten told that nothing would happen to USC everything would be fine.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

WOW! Apparently it is 30 not 20? If true this is huge. This can cripple a program. Just think if we lost this many schollys over 3 years. Bhelm would probably wake up screaming in the middle of the night!:lol: My guess is they won't be the USC we once knew in football for 6 years at a minimum. Don't expect them to get all 5 star players just because they can only take a few recruits. Kids will shy away so I don't think their average Rival star ranking goes up.