US Open (tennis)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSU Rubi, Sep 3, 2006.

1. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Anybody else see the end of the Agassi match?? WOW!! Great to see how the fans treat you when you are a great person and athlete. Dont think T.O. would ever get one of of these.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yes, watched the match from start to finish. Watching him speak was tough to watch.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

One of my favorite athletes ever. It really was tough to watch. It's amazing how much he's changed over the years.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I've been a huge tennis fan for about 15 years. I absolutely detested Agassi for so, so long. As a high school player, I idolized Lendl, and Agassi made me sick to my stomach.

Within the last couple of years, probably coinciding with the downfall of American Men's tennis, I've started to like him.

He went out the right way at the US Open, and the fan's appreciation of him was palpable. He's no Sampras, but he's represented us well, even if he can never stack up to my man Lendl. :hihi:

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yvonne ?

6. clair

clair Rockets

T.O. got a 1 minute standing O from the fans before his 1st preseason match

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

earlier this evening i was in queens watching the metropolitans beat the braves. after the game i walked across the street to the tennis center. i could see the hot chicks playing tennis on the big screen all the way from shea. there was such a monstrous crowd there waiting in line i figured i would just go home and watch tv. i asked some dude who was playing on the stadium court and he said roddick/hewitt. if that was true, i kinda wish i had bough a ticket and checked it out.

the crowd at the us open is really affluent, i think most of them just got off the LIRR from their sprawling estates on long island. not like the ordinary peoples across the street at shea.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I was glad to see Roddick beating Hewitt in straight sets. Rodddick-Federer
    would be a good final. Roddick-Blake would even be better.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

after roddick went down 0-5 in the first set, I thought he was getting ready to get punked, but this is shaping to be a helluva match.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Simply amazing. At the age of 25, he already has more Grand Slam titles than Agassi (9) and needs 6 more to beat Sampras' record. I think he'll do it - in the next two years.