Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Jan 2, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

College Championships and Super bowl Championships are apples and oranges.

ehusson80 likes this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

True. But both are still valuable. One plays college kids, the other plays men as old as 40+. Lost interest in the NFL many years ago, but I know some folks love it.

unclenick likes this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Absolutely. You don’t have the luxury of recruiting in NFL. Not to that degree. A SB is worth 2 or possibly 3 Nattys. Especially the pre-BCS ones. A lot of those are shaky at best. Bama bumped their titles up with several of those. Diabolical lol. Funny but also pathetic.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

In the NFL you have to run the gamut every year and there is much more parity. But you can afford some losses. In college you can’t. You also get penalized in the off-season for winning in the NFL. Last draft pick, 1st place schedule, etc. In college, you just reload with the best recruits and feast on inferior teams, but you have to develop much more raw talent. At least Saban is doing it in the toughest division in college football. But he’s also doing it with the most talented roster every year as well. NFL has a salary cap. Can’t just stock pile

TigerTap likes this.
  5. ehusson80

It’s easier to coach young men than grown up millionaires. In college the coach is the boss. In the NFL it’s often the other way around. Especially if you haven’t won a ring. My opinion is that NFL is more difficult than CFB. There’s a reason pro ball comes after college. It the next level up.

also up until 2004 it was probable to have multiple champions. Only 1 team wins the SB. No participation trophies in the big leagues.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

This is an interesting point. Saints/LSU fans follow both college & Pro teams. I think this is a big reason why LSU will never be like Bama. There they only have one team. They worship that one team (either Auburn or Bama). No distractions, at least in their own state. Just a different attitude there, I think.

unclenick likes this.
  7. ehusson80

Very good point. We have the whole state to ourselves in recruiting. No Auburn so I never was able to convince myself that it was a valid excuse. Plus we have free flowing alcohol to make it 2 days in a row. Monday suffers but the Saints and Tigers are more important than my job. It probably shouldn’t be but it is. My internal value system needs a tweeking but I’m 40 so screw it. I want the wins lol

1 person likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would rather coach a team of grown millionaires than a team of woke social justice warriors. Problem is that some of the grown millionaires are just as screwed up in the head

APPTiger likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It's the woke millionaire that the college athletes idolize who started it all to begin with. If Kap never takes a knee, are we where we are today?

Winston1 likes this.
  10. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Coach Saban will be at Bama until he isn’t. He and Ms Terry are the only ones that know his heart/ego or his plans but if I was a betting man, I would bet on 2 more NC’s and pulling a TV gig. Maybe one more and he hangs it up but two makes more sense to me because that anchors him atop Bama’s NC coaches with 7. That is what I think is driving him now days.
    You guys should be cheering for him to get them and retire. Look at that.......I just tossed you a self serving reason to cheer guilt free for Bama for the NC.