Urban Meyer Stepping down at Florida per ESPN

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by SabanFan, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Re: Urban Meyer stepping down

ESPN just said he has been experiencing chest pains.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

sorry a cyst not a tumor (insert kindergarten cop impression) but espn just shot down that theory

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Could a be "a win one for the Gipper" type thing. He's got to resign, so he was thinking he might as well tell his players about it now so they know they are playing their last game for him?

4. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

To those of you who have intimated that there is a gay relationship between Tebow & Meyer while there is information that he has a health issue I have to say FRICK you!! You think you are funny. You are not. Suppose he has level 4 cancer and wants to spend his extremely strenuous treatment or death with his family? If you can't get past the purple & gold glasses in a situation like this you REALLY need to get a life. OKaaaaaaaay?

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Seriously, that's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say being forced out of UF shouldn't even be considered a reason. He was widely considered the best coach in college football with two NC's in 3 years, top recruiting classes, and a win percentage unmatched. HE WAS NOT FORCED OUT.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Crazy thing is that Urban in one of the youngest head coachs in all of college or NFL football... he's only 45.

7. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

You shouldn't jump to conclusions either or pass judgment or tell posters on an internet message board to "get a life."

Okaaaaaaaay?

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah this.

and UF going after spurrier would be like an NFL team trying to sign joe montana as their QB. dude is way past his prime.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I do believe he has some serious health issues; if for other reasons, he can always wait till after the bowl game.

Chest pains can be coronary, aorta (aneurysm) or gastrointestinal, including pancreas, in origin; hard to guess......

At this point I wish him well; I am not interested in who replaces him.

1 person likes this.
  10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Not by Florida of course. But he could have forced himself out. Kiffen was being pretty mean to Meyer, and maybe it scared Meyer off :)