UFC fans on board?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by NavyTiger, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Anderson Silva will win this one and in a flashy manner.

2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I was hoping to get your opinion on this one, especially since I agree with you. My prognostication is that Sonnen ain't nothing without the roids. One thing I was hoping to verify is that Silva's knee is injuried since I briefly heard about it. Of course, the knee injury could prolong Sonnen's stay in the ring.

3. Cajun Sensation

I didn't know that Silva's knee was injured.

I still like Silva.

Also, I think the fight is next weekend....not this weekend like Martin said.

4. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I agree, even with Silva having a bad knee, Sonnen was on roids the first fight and I'm sure he is not on them again.
    I'm betting Silva wins with a TKO or KO 2nd round.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

the fight is july 7th. good card
    Griffin vs Tito
    Cung Le vs Cote
    Kim vs Maia
    Mendes vs Mackinzie

and Camoes vs Cajun Sensation's buddy, Melvin Guilliard :)

I thought Urijah Faber was on this card too? Guess not.

6. Cajun Sensation

I've known Melvin Guillard for a long time. He's not a friend or a buddy or anything, but I've met him and have been watching him fight for probably 10 years now. He used to fight in the local Biloxi/Slidell/New Orleans circuits way back with Rich Clementi and them. He hits hard. New Orleans kid. He's not very well liked on the National stage but he's kinda respected in the local circuits.

He beat one of my good friends Aron "Yoda" Williams way back in the day. Aaron now fights in Belchers' camp.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah it was originally scheduled for 147 last weekend then was moved to this weekend.

Save your money, martin. This one likely isnt going the distance yet Silva is winning. Sonnen is actually a really bright dude and down to earth. He knows the hype game that boxing uses to create drama. He's the best shit-talker ever in the UFC. Next to dana white.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You're right about that. Still, I don't know why he continually insists on talking shit to Silva, unless Silva is in on it. Some of the things he says are a bit too personal and cross the line, IMO. They almost came to blows again as they were posing for promo pics for the fight. Their beef seems real, but White is a master marketer and as you said, Sonnen can play the hype game, so who knows?

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8...l-sonnen-nearly-trade-blows-promoting-ufc-148

Silva is clearly the better fighter. I think he just underestimated Sonnen in the first fight, which obviously won't happen again.

9. tirk

It's real inasmuch as 2 guys dislike each other before a fight. Sonnen knows if he can get a reaction he's inside their head and that's exactly where he wants to be. Especially with a counter striker like silva who measures his opponent before throwing a strike. If he can get silva a tad more aggressive and take more risks Sonnen has a much better chance to land a knockout blow. Which he will be trying to do. No way will he dick around and chance getting caught this time.

I'd guess the over/under is 3 rounds. Maybe even 2.5. I'd go under.

10. tirk

press conference is around the 27 minute mark. be sure to watch it. sonnen is hilarious througout.

“Well first off, I offer absolutely zero apologies. And secondly, listen guys, if you are not willing to ‘go too far’, you will never go far enough in life, and I don’t care. I don’t promote fights. I pick fights. I’m like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs, and I got trombone size stones like John Holmes"

.”
    “Well first off, I offer absolutely zero apologies. And secondly, listen guys, I don’t care. If you’re not willing to go too far, you will NEVER go far enough in life, and I don’t care. I don’t promote fights, I pick fights. I’m like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs, and I got trombone-sized stones like John Holmes!”

martin likes this.