UFC fans on board?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by NavyTiger, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Jon Jones is going to win easily IMO. No disrespect to Rashad.

2. Cajun Sensation

Jonny Jones manhandled Rashad. I know it went to a decision after 5 rounds, but those that saw the fight will agree with me. He elbowed him to death like Metta World Peace elbowed Harden. JBJ went 5 rounds and after the 5 rounds he looked like he was ready to fight another 5 rounds. Incredible conditioning, incredible display of mastery of the octogon.....and he's only 24. This is the best fighter in the world....hands down. Get used to it....he'll be around for a while.

Also, the young Rory MacDonald will be a household name soon. At 22, he is a freakin phenom in the welterweight division.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Jones would get destroyed by Anderson Silva. Different weight class I know, but pound for pound easily the best in the game. At his age however, father time may be catching up. Rumblings and rumors of retirement possibly this year after the next fight?

4. Cajun Sensation

I think JBJ would beat Anderson Silva today.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Maybe. Silva's almost 40. Jones is in his prime. It's quite possible.

6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Alan Blelcher is fighting this week, not sure about his opponent, Rousinar Palhares. However after a quick review of Palhares' record, lost a desicion in 3 rds against Hendo in 2008 and was TKO'ed by Nate Marquardt in 2010, it appears The Talent has his work cut out for himself.

7. Cajun Sensation

He's from my hometown. My son goes to his camp (he'll be 7 in October). Pulling for Alan hard. I know most of his camp and they are awesome people. His facilities are top of the line. He's a great fighter and a great businessman.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Well done Talent! CS, I know you are pumped up about the result.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/UFC-on-FOX-Nate-Diaz-Jim-Miller-050512

Alan Belcher survived the powerful ground attack of Rousimar Palhares in their middleweight bout and came away with a TKO win at 4:18 of the first round. Palhares, known for his leg-based submissions, had Belcher where he wanted him, but Belcher fouth his way out of danger and ended the bout by raining blows down on Palhares' face.

Raining blows always reminds me of

9. Cajun Sensation

Dude, Belcher had a guy from Brazil come and train with him at his camp and he practiced ankle lock and leg lock escapes RELENTLESSLY. The day of the fight, my friend texted Belcher to tell him good luck and to watch for the ankle lock...Belcher's response?...."It's absolutely impossible to submit me via ankle lock now."

He proved it on National Television on Saturday night.

Belcher is very underrated. He is a very smart fighter and a very hard worker. What a comeback he's made since his eye injury (detached retina). He deserves all of his success.

watson1880 likes this.
  10. martin

martin Banned Forever

jones would beat anderson silva senseless