U.S. Open

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

That was my thinking too. Forego the British Open next month and be in shape for the PGA Open in August. However, he has submitted his entry for the British Open. Not sure that is such a good idea, but we will see.

2. Bengal Buddy

Despite the general perception, Tiger is a human being. The knee will be an issue. He puts so much torque on the knee that he will not be able to simple "block it out." Clearly he was not able to do that yesterday. There were times when he was in a lot of pain and it will just get worse today. If he wins, it will be one for the books.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

There's 5 weeks between our Open and the Open. If his doctors give him the thumbs up I think he will tee it up at Royal Birkdale.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no hes not human and yes he can block it out like the great athletes can. it doesnt hurt until after his swings so he will be fine.

and its occasionally not during most of his swings. he doesnt know when or which swings it will happen. its random.

5. Bengal Buddy

That pain has got to be working on him. He was clearly feeling it after his second tee-off today. Don't get me wrong. I hope he wins. If he does it will be historical, calling to mind Ben Hogan after his car wreck. But I think the odds are against him.

6. Bengal Buddy

Mediate just gave Woods some help with a bogey.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Tiger looks beyond terrible. If he pulls this out it will be a miracle and an incredible tournament.

If Ogilvy wins Ill shoot myself.

8. COTiger

Why?

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Actually it wont really bother me nor will it change anything I am going to do. I like to go over the top sometimes to honor isl.

Said that mainly because he was a huge arrogant prick years ago and I never liked him. I think he went to years of anger management classes though, and seems to be more likable.

edit: el tigre looks completely different now.

10. COTiger

Yes he does and this short birdie putt will put him back in the lead alone.

Didn't know that about Ogilvy. Of course I didn't know much about him until he won the Open a couple of years ago.