U.S. Open

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Jun 11, 2008.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Good post and like you I'm old enough to remember a lot of Jack's majors prior to the last one at Augusta in '86.

It's not if Tiger breaks Jack's records, its when. When it's all said and done he will own every significant record in professional golf.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Too bad ESPN only had the front nine. Was pretty bad once it was gone from 360 and then on the other sites.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Rocco's misstep was the approach shot on 18 today. He had a perfect pitching wedge shot from 123 yards with the water completely out of play. All he had to do was nail it and he pulled it left and what should have been a 3-8 foot birdie chance turned into a 17 footer, which proved to be too much.

4. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

And the Oscar goes to Tiger and his bad knee.

Funny how it always appeared to hurt him when he hit a bad shot. He would grimace and sometimes even limp. However, it never seemed to hurt when he hit a good shot.

F Tiger!

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That is false and you know it. Did you even watch the last hole? ;)

- We all know Tiger would never show any signs of weakness to his opponents. The guy is a psychological expert. He barely lost the Masters with a hurt knee and you, nor I, knew anything about it until the magazine articles days later.
    - He generally cut off the reporters when asked about it and replied, "No, the knee was not a factor, just bad swings."

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Tiger was not putting on an act. He was playing against doctor's orders and may have made his knee worse. In fact, the rest of the season could be shot.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't be a hater. You have the privilege of watching the greatest golfer of all time.

Funny how some people resent other peoples' success. As entertaining as Rocco was, he's a journeyman. 5 tournament wins in his career with no majors. Rich Beem beat Tiger in the PGA a few years back and finished 2nd to last in this one. Zach Johnson beat Tiger at the Masters, but he's been sporadic ever since. Meanwhile, Tiger has won every major at least 3 times and will leave a turd on top of every one of Nicklaus' records.

Deal with it.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It's a scary thought, but you read my mind. My thoughts exactly.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

looked to me tiger was playing the knee up as well. he didnt mention his knee injury until the second he lost the trny before the surgery. i even read a big article on it and agreed.

this just reinforced it.

hes still a pretty decent golfer i believe.

damn you rocco. this was the first time i was pulling against tiger. what a showing.

i cant help but think about 3 five footers he missed during the first six holes on sunday i think it was.

man he missed some putts.

tiger is clearly the best putter ive ever seen. cant imagine anyone better and obviously not under pressure.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

tiger is getting a lot of crap about his manners on the course. on three separate occasions recently ive heard media complain about him throwing his clubs around and "F" this and "GD" that.

evidently he's been getting a pass on this stuff because hes the golden goose.

not that i care. either call golf a sport and stop complaining about tiger's manners or call golf a game right up there with badmiton and croquet.