Trip Down Memory Lane

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Do you remember where you were????

I was at my grandpaw and grandmaws house in Kenner!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6u14M0yObo[/media]

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Wow this is crazy. My uncle took me to this game when I was 11. We went to the Audubon Zoo the following day. I remember because he kept talking about how Mike Archer couldn't get to the postseason like Jim Mora. Wow. Steve Walsh. Haven't heard that name in a while. This actually makes me homesick.

3. Seaward

Seaward Fear have you?

I remember, I was grounded that night as I was many nights of my youth. Part of my punishment was not being allowed to watch the game. So just hearing the score was the only joy I got that night.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was at home watching with my dad. He actually made a comment about the Rams running the kick off back and I remember being mad at him because I thought he's jinxed us. Then, my heart dropped for a few seconds when it looked like that's what was going to happen.

What about this one? I was actually at this game. The Saints jumped out to that big lead and it was great, but the Rams started chipping away and had pulled to within 3. Everyone in the Dome seen the Saints lose leads and had their hearts broken so many times before, that it just 'felt' like it was about to happen again.

Jim Henderson's call at the end was classic. Not only that line, but his excitement over the play made his voice crack, causing him sound like he was going through puberty again. :hihi:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtns7mTdhQ&feature=PlayList&p=20928302F914C4D6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19[/media]

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Back in the early 90's Ricky Jackson, Pat Swilling, Sam Mills, Dalton Hilliard, and Eric Martin used to play golf at Ellendale country club and eat supper a restaurant owned by my grandmother's cousin once a week. Aabout two weeks after the loss to the Bears we were sitting near them and my Dad asked how the season would have gone if Bobby Hebert hadn't held out. Pat Swilling said if Mr. Finks would have paid Bobby we'd still be playing.