Tre Bradford to OU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jun 21, 2021.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So what. Committed doesn't mean signed. Last years we SIGNED the #1 running back from Ohio!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Looking at the top 20 Louisiana players on 247's list for 2022 8 are committed to LSU - including the top 3; 7 more of them are projected 100% for LSU. That would be 15 of the top 20. Bama has 2 commits (#5 and #15) and no projected; the other 3 in the top 20 are uncommitted.

As for RB Moss committed to Bama his position rating is #5; we have enrolled RBs that had position ratings of #2, #7, #8, and #10 - which are 2 juniors and 2 freshmen. Oh yea, and one of those 2022 projections for LSU is the #11 rated RB for 2022.

Kevontre was the #13 RB for 2020. I wish him well, thank him for his contributions to LSU, and I hope it works out for him. We're going to be OK without him.

shane0911, TBTrumpet and Winston1 like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bradford was the hero for catching a 4 yard pass with 13 minutes left? Not the guy who hit the 57 yard FG for the win....longest FG in school history.....in the fog....with 25 seconds left?

Bradford appeared in 5 games. Had 3 catches. LSU doesn't post targets or drops as stats, but I remember him dropping a few, at least as many as he caught.

kluke and shane0911 like this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Without his TD against Florida, you don't beat Florida. That's in almost all of the write ups on his transfer & called out on ESPN for excellent play. Bradford did not play in 5 games. Did you somehow miss his 2 injuries? Regardless, he has 4 years left to play at Oklahoma. He'll likely split time with the Kentucky transfer, who will probably play 1 season, before the NFL.

unclenick likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Tell that story walkin'. 2020 NC Bama had more Louisiana recruits than any other of their Championship teams. All goes back to years ago Orgeron whiffing on 6 major LSU recruits that Miles had locked up. Look at Phidarian Mathis, you'll see him this year.. again. Class of 2017...oops!

Ohio bred Corey Kiner is slow. Kevin Minter, the LSU linebacker great, ran a faster 40 time. His projection on the 'vaunted' 247sperts is "UFA" - undrafted free agent.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    unclenick likes this.
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Somebody's winning big time with only 8 commits.. guess it's nice to be in the running fir #11 though..:rolleyes:

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-F...ings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=RB

unclenick likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

That's what I'm saying; LSU is winning big.
    In Louisiana's top 20 ranked players only two teams have hard commits.
    LSU has 8 (#1,#2, #3, #7, #11, #14, #18, and #20;
    Bama has 2 (#5, and #15)
    Out of the 10 players in the top 20 not committed 7 are 100% projections for LSU and the other 3 have no team listed.

7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Bama has the #1 & #5 rated RB. We're fighting for #11 RB. Bama did the same thing last year, and zoomed right past LSU pretty easily when their commits were finally known to the public on 247 sports & Rivals.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    unclenick likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Without York's field goal, you don't beat Florida. Hell, without Eli Ricks pick 6, you don't beat Florida. Without a thrown shoe, you don't beat Florida. We can do this all day.

Was not aware of Bradford's 2 injuries, but I generally don't concern myself with the health status of guys who are third or fourth on the depth chart. Regardless, I wish him well at OU.

Winston1, kluke and shane0911 like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

One thing I'm sure of; that Florida game will always be one of my top 5 LSU memories. To beat the GayTurds in the fucking swamp; with some of the craziest plays I've ever seen in football; after the dumpster fire year we had; and to top it off with a last minute game winning field goal through fog so thick you can't see the goal posts!!!! Shit I don't see how it gets much better in regular season games.

Hou-duco, 65Grad, shane0911 and 2 others like this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member