Top 5 QBs of ALL TIME!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Fang, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Brees wins his second AP offensive player of the year award today. The MVP still eludes him, but the resume continues to grow.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Because the media can't get off of Rodgers' nuts.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I've projected Brees' stats over the next several years:

If he plays through age 38, he will break the yardage and touchdowns record and also 3rd in wins by a starting QB. At age 39, be breaks the completions record and would be 2nd in wins. At age 40, he would break the attempts record.

Age 40 for Brees would not be like most QB's reaching 40. He rarely takes a beating in a game. He is the most technically efficient QB ever to play the position. He would not lose any arm strength because he repeats perfect form on each and every throw. He's not a QB who relies on his feet. He would only get smarter as time goes on (scary thought).

The key for Brees' legacy is winning that 2nd Super Bowl. With breaking all of Favre's records, he would have to be considered along with Brady, P Manning and Montana (and Rodgers if his career keeps going as it is) as the Mount Rushmore of NFL QBs.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

best ever

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

when all is said and done, yes

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Joe Montana is the best I've ever seen. Montana could make the perfect pass repeatedly. As the saying went "perfect 10 out 10 times". I know statistically that doesn't hold water, but if you watched Joe much, you could tell how special he was. And everyone knows how Montana came through in the clutch... I refrain from heaping more adoration.

I would add though, that during Montana's career the competition in the NFC was especially fierce, having many great teams. Only the NFC Championship game kept Joe and the 49ers from winning more Super-bowls.

Doubters claim,.. Montana had mediocre arm strength, and benefited from a revolutionary new offense

I'm not very qualified to speak about Brees, but I've read your strong case islstl, and I have watched him some. It's clear that he's a very strong leader,.. and he is a champion.

I don't think Brady measures up to Joe, and Peyton Mannlng didn't have a Bill Walsh.

Good luck to Drew Brees, ,.. he looks top notch to me, and as you note, he should have a lot of career left. I just think Joe Montana sits alone on a very high peak to reach.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Saints fans got two up close-and-personal looks every season at just how great Montana was. Brees is cut from very similar cloth. Physically not what you look for in a QB, but accurate, smart, a born leader and ice water in the veins.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yep. I watched him torch the saints quite a few times as a kid when my uncle took me to the games.