Top 5 QBs of ALL TIME!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Fang, Dec 22, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, they lost terribly sunday. the only reason you said that is because you are really the sort of person that buys into media hype. you dont care about reality, only what the media tells you to like or believe.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ah, Tebow.

He is all that is right with the world.

He is my personal Jesus.

Btw, when a team loses 7-3 (KC over Denver 2 weeks ago), you never say they "lost terribly". Learn to describe things accurately.

3. islstl

I hear all the talk about this era of football and the stats are inflated. And to some extent, certainly the rule changes have made it easier on QBs. Consequently, defenses are more complex and harder to overcome, so it balances out in that way.

Drew Brees among others have taken the position to another level and no apologies need to be made for the time period they played in.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i figure you lose pretty bad when your opponent scores more than twice as many points.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

is this list started from the bottom?

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We all seem to be agreed that Payton Manning, if not in the top 5, is in the top 7 or 8.

Eli Manning doesn't even get in the conversation.

As of today, Eli is 60 football minutes away from surpassing Payton in Super Bowls won.

Interesting......

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Peyton is the best regular season QB of all time but chokes when the playoffs come. It is what it is...

8. islstl

Eli is not that great.

Did you watch him in the 2nd half and OT vs the 49ers? That was brutally bad QB play.

Eli will most likely win his 2nd SB, but that would not change my mind about him even being in the talk of an elite QB. He's a "decent" QB. That's it. That's all he will pretty much ever be.

Drew Brees showed in these playoffs that he is the best QB in the NFL right now. Brady and Rodgers failed miserably when it mattered most (Brady got lucky, like he always does).

Brees just needs to get that 2nd SB win. Once that happens and then overtakes Favre for ALL of the NFL records, he will be argued as the best of all time.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No argument. I'm just reinforcing a point I made earlier in the thread....that Super Bowl rings are not necessarily a measuring stick for greatness in a QB. That said, Eli is moving up my personal rankings of the best quarterbacks in the league today.

10. islstl

Understandable.

There is still a mighty huge gap between the trio of Brees, Brady, Rodgers vs Eli. He is nowhere near that level. He's become a solid QB, but that's it. I would still put someone like Rivers and Roethlisberger ahead of him as well.