Top 5 QBs of ALL TIME!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Fang, Dec 22, 2011.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I don't know man. As much as I like Drew Brees I can't force myself to put him in the top 5, it's too early.

I'm torn on the order is put them in, but here's my top 5:

Montana, Elway, Brady, Starr, Marino.

Honorable mention: Steve Young, Peyton Manning.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree with those 3. I've always had Bradshaw in my top 5. The guy was a winner as evidenced by the 4 SB wins. Granted, he had a hell of a lot of talent around him but he was a big game QB.

It's a toss up for the fifth spot. I've got Unitas, Staubach, Marino, Favre, Aikman & Manning in the mix. I'd go with Unitas as my number 5.

3. b_leblanc

Yeah I meant to put Bradshaw at the honorable mention spot but I phucking forgot. :hihi:

Aikman was a pussy. He had a ton of manflesh in front of him, badass running backs behind him, great wide receivers, and a hell of a tight end.

I didn't do Favre because he's such a gunslinger, with all of his int's, and he only won one super bowl. He can be honorable mention. :hihi:

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I wouldn't put Bradshaw on there for the same reason you won't put Aikman; he was a very good quarterback who's play was elevated by the fact that he was surrounded by Hall of Famers.

I won't put Favre because mechanically, he wasn't that good a QB. He got by on athleticism, heart and the fact that he always was surrounded by receivers who could make acrobatic catches, followed by lots and lots of yac.

As for Drew Brees, Fang, it feels too homer-ish for me to put him on a top 5 list.....yet. But, assuming he doesn't get hurt, he's only 3 to 4 games away from entering the top ten in career passing yardage, and less than 10,000 yards from entering the top 5. That's doable for him in 3 years. He'd definitely be in my top 5 then, sooner if he gets an MVP or another Lombardi.

5. COTiger

I wouldn't call him a pussy. I saw him take some hellacious hits and get up and keep going. The one thing I admired about Aikman was he knew he was in a 3 ring circus and he was the glue that held it all together on offense.

6. mctiger

No, I wouldn't call him that either. I mean, how many concussions did he receive? And he kept coming back for more? No, my point about him is that his numbers are inflated by the level of talent around him. Same as Bradshaw.

7. COTiger

No question Troy had great talent around him. A RB & WR in the HOF. Don't know if anybody from the O line has made it. Troy was a perfect fit for their offensive scheme and got the most out of it. That's something you can't measure with numbers.

8. mctiger

Larry Allen will make it, and I think there was at least one other with HoF potential.

9. COTiger

Tim Tebow will not make the top 5 list for QBs. :hihi:

10. b_leblanc

YES HE WILL!! DON'T YOU DARE DOUBT LITTLE TIMMY!! :hihi: