Tommy Tuberville is out as Auburn football coach

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I don't want to sound like a know it all, but as some know here I do know Tubs a liitle. I go to practice whenever I want to, even closed ones. I have talked to him a lot during this season. I am friends with his closest friend. I say all that to make a simple point. No matter what your read or hear from uninformed people, Tubs did NOT resign. I'm not going to take up space on your board going thru the details or the timeline of what happened. Suffice it say he wouldn't be getting his buyout if he had resigned. Also note I started a thread early in the week saying "Tubs is Staying." At that time he was. Now our idiot AD is lying thru his teeth to cover his own butt and he is the only only one talking to the media. It's a sad state of affairs at Auburn right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thanks ProudTiger for clearing that up.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am disgusted with those who "run" my University. Cowardice, incompetence, a total lack of integrity, small men with large egos may start the list but is not comprehensive. They hide behind their petty agendas as they are not men enough to face up to and serve their responsibilities.

May be the wrong board for this part, but it is how I feel:

For the staff that is mocked by this current administration's portrayal of events, we are not fooled and you will always have our admiration, respect, and most of all, our appreciation for the difference you made in the lives of the young men who came under your care.

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I think Strong is one of the best head coach candidates out there. Awesome name, too -- Coach Strong.

[​IMG]

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That really sucks that things are so ugly over there at Auburn right now. Hopefully y'all get a great head coach that is on the level of Tubs. That will do a lot to heal things over there. As for Tubs, it's nice to see how classy he is being about the whole thing and I hope he does well in the future, whether it be as a head coach, in athletic administration, media anaylst or whatever.

Back when Lou Holtz "resigned" from ND, there were many in Irish Nation furious with the ND administration. Now it is all water under the bridge: ND has erected a statue of him on their campus and we all see Holtz on TV pimping the Irish every week.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

pt, i have no reason to believe what you say isnt true. in fact, i would think anyone with a lick of sense would question the "resignation".

i dont blame you for being disgusted. i would be too. its one of those things no one wants to see at their alma mater.

i admit, i was not a big tubs fan. but the man got shafted, plain and simple, imo.

also, personal note to deceks and pt. i have mentioned before that for personal reasons, i absolutely hated auburn, and anything/anyone to do with it. the two of you softened my views and made me realize not everyone from auburn is to be despised. you two represent your univerity well around here!

7. islstl

And Auburn must get someone who can compete on the recruiting landscape with the monster up in Tuscaloosa.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Thanks for the kudos. You are right about fans. Some of my fellow Auburn fans over at WEN wish I as nice to them.:grin:
    I have seen more Auburn fan a-holes this year than ever. They just seem to come out of the woodwork when times get a little tough. They are the classic example of "fair weather fans."

Good luck in your bowl game. You know I will be pulling for the LSU! Tigahs.

9. islstl

Tommy Tuberville’s mother says Auburn University fired her son as its football coach. University officials say Tuberville resigned after a decade at the helm of the Tigers. But the Opelika-Auburn News quotes Olive Tuberville as saying her son was fired and did not resign. Reached by The Associated Press on Monday, Mrs. Tuberville declined comment. Athletic director Jay Jacobs last week said Tuberville’s departure was completely Tuberville’s decision. Jacobs also says Auburn is giving Tuberville $5.1 million because it’s the “right thing to do.” Under the coach’s contract, that’s the same amount Auburn would have paid Tuberville if he were fired. ? WAAYTV.com

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9477686&nav=menu635_3

I see the footprints of the Big Three in all of this. Bobby Lowder, who has moved his church letter to United Methodist Church of Auburn and is building another house in Auburn, is also, the big mule. Two members of his Colonial Bank board, Jimmy Rane and former coach Pat Dye, are also major players. Lowder must have been feeling his oats after he secured a $500 million bailout from American taxpayers for his bank, now has the cash to pay Tuberville $6 million to walk, pay more coaches not to coach and also pay whatever is necessary to buy a new head coach and assistants. I’ll bet he will try to pay a coach more than Alabama pays Nick Saban. Saban’s hiring has been good for the pay scale of the nation’s coaches. Some now make more than college president and all their deans combined. What’s not to love about that? Heck, coaches make more than the president of the United States, but they may be worth more. Lowder has been after Tuberville for years. Remember, he fired up his jet for a clandestine trip to lure Bobby Petrino to Auburn. Aboard that ill-fated flight were University President, the late William Walker, Athletics Director David Housel, board chairman Earlon McWhorter and board member Byron Franklin. When word of that sordid plan leaked out, the Auburn faithful rallied to Tuberville’s defense and Tuberville won, but the wounds never healed. Tuberville shunned his enemies on the board. They shunned him, and they waited for the right moment to pounce. Auburn’s thrashing by Alabama last week was a perfect setting. They fired Tommy Tuberville. Forget resignation. I have gold-plated proof. Tommy’s angelic mother said he was fired. She said Tommy called and gave her the news. Challenge Olive Tuberville at your own peril. Tommy was fired. That’s her story and she’s sticking by it. Believe it. ? Opelika-Auburn News

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/opini...elieve_what_you_will_but_tubs_was_fired/50097

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I was fed the complete company line when I had dinner last Wednesday with 2 well connected Aubs. Isnt it ironic what they told me the day Tubs was out is the spin Aub used the very next day in announcing his so-called resignation? I think this was contrived, calculated and planned.

I am also hearing that Tubs was reluctant to re-arrange his coaching staff, ala malveto, and thats what ultimately got him fired. If Aub would have come out and admitted that there would be no story here because Tubs offensive staff was beyond under performing.