Tommy Tuberville is out as Auburn football coach

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Based on Tubbs comments, it doesn't seem that was the case.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The $6 mill will help, but his wife will get sick of him being at home. No doubt she wants more, but probably not that much more. Wives have their routines and generally speaking, a man's early retirement is a disruption.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

With her having to help wash behind his ears 3 times a day will take up at least 2 hours out of her day.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

now you're too close to the situation. ill take a wager on that one.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

nah...Everything in that post was repeating what I heard from 2 decently connected Aubs. Im not gonna wager on what an Aub said. :yelwink2:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he'll be coaching next year at the latest. you know, like clemens retired so he could be close to his family. thedude is correct. that shiit lasts like a week. if the wife didnt want a divorce then, she will now. :lol::lol:

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It looks like Auburn has lost two more committments. RB Rodney Scott and WR Cameron Kenney backed off their committments to the Tigers. The bleeding continues.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

At this point, from an Auburn perspective, I'm a little worried about this being an unstoppable downward spiral. I've always heard that when Alabama's on top of it's game, Auburn can't compete. I thought Auburn had made it to a point in their program that Alabama couldn't dominate the state again. Given what's going on now with both programs, I'm doubting that. Looks like Alabama will be dominating their home state for a while now, given all the ground Auburn's already given up.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Alabama's going to dominate more than the state of Alabama with Nick Saban at the helm.
    With the success he's had this year I think its safe to say that the Crimson Tide is back until he decideds to leave.
    This isn't to say they won't have the ups and downs but I think the SECW just got tougher with Houston Nutt at Ole Miss and Saban at Bama.
    I'm waiting to see about Arkansas but it almost looks like Arkansas has Les Mile's number.
    Btw, Nick Saban will be able to recruit pretty well anywhere he wants too, (I think?)

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Auburn should go after Charlie Strong, DC of Florida.

Phenomenal recruiter.