Tommy Moffitt has been let go

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Dec 3, 2021.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Don Summer at TCU, same kind of history, his efforts enabled my son, initially a walk-on, to letter 4 times.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I’ve wondered if our training program has somehow contributed to our high injury rate over the last two years.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think he's done a great job at LSU, but sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. He will land on his feet somewhere else and do a great job. I thank him for a job well done!

4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Yeah now get the F off campus .

5. Don Castavez

Training program? No
    LACK of a training program -yes.

MobileBengal likes this.
  6. Don Castavez

I would like to see the closets of some people in here. I bet some of you still have leisure suits wrapped in plastic fresh from the cleaners. You obviously hold on to everything too fucking long . Our conditioning program was antiquated and neglected. We had players missing games because of Fucking hang nails and I won’t even comment on the most egregious evidence- our linemen getting bitch slapped by every quality team every fourth qtr.
    Those of you who hate to see Moffit go — next time you’re curious why Bama is now light years ahead of us — take a look in the mirror. Your blind asinine loyalty to those who never deserved the praise is what has been contributing to the cause we’re now a middle feeder in the SEC only 2 years after a fucking perfect season.
    Hopefully BK comes in kicks ass takes names and gets us miles ( pun intended) from the mindset that success is everlasting and introduces us to the fact that at a top tier program in all facets you’re either improving or turning to shit.
    Too many people in that fucking stadium sucking down their jambalaya and Bud Light have NO clue what the standard of excellence entails.
    Let’s drive a stake in the heart of this Coon Ass Mentality once and for all.

7. Don Castavez

Sounds to me like we got some fans in here who probably played a round or two with Moffit at University course and now want to jingle his balls forever.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I don’t have any leisure suits in my closet. Never owned one or any pooka beads. I no nothing about athletic training so am neutral on his firing. But I believe that many who celebrate his firing also don't really know much about training and/or about his qualifications. Change for changes sake alone often creates negative results. I hope Kelly makes a wise decision on his replacement.

Herb and Don Castavez like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well it's Mr Coonass to you. Also I wouldn't use Bama as a comparison as they gained a total of 6 yrs rushing on that Coonass coach and strength and conditioning coach. We also gained 109 on Bama 103 more than they put on us. Guess Moffits weight and conditioning program worked better than Bama's on stopping the run and blocking for our runs.

Stakes in our hearts won't get rid of us and we love our jambalaya and beer.

10. Don Castavez

Terrific. Hang on to your
    ‘Well at least we better than Mississippi’ mindset . In this new era of faster harder better in all facets of society it will have its downside .