Time of X. Carter's announcement will be....

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by NHTIGER, Jan 24, 2004.

1. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

2:30 PM Sunday afternoon (florida time), 1:30 central. Announcement will be made over the Internet, from www.floridatoday.com, his local newspaper. Same format as Joe Cohen's announcement from the same school last recruiting season. Source for this information is Saturday morning's edition of the paper. Also, for those interested, Florida's Mr. Football, QB Xavier Lee, will be choosing from Florida State, Texas and Auburn later on Sunday at his team's football banquet.

2. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Potential last-minute effect of Hixon situation ...

I am writing this at noon Saturday so obviously this post will lose relevancy in next 24 hours, but as of this moment Hixon is reportedly about to be named Redskins WR coach, according to team insiders and stated in Saturday's Washington Post. Hoping Saban can quickly offer him a carrot to stay now that he has returned to BR Sat evening. If Gibbs wants the guy, that is an extremely high endorsement and can't help but wonder if the uncertainty of who will be the WR coach at LSU next season might play into X. Carter's decision. If Hixon either officially goes in next 24 hours, or the situation is left unresolved before the time of his announcement tomorrow afternoon, I am concerned Carter could re-think the Florida offer. A position coach is a very big deal to a recruit, especially one who has been torn between 2 schools and one of them suddenly has an unresolved coaching situation. Keep your fingers crossed on both of these guys, fellow Tigers !

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

LSU winning the National Championship and having position coaches go to the NFL is a good thing. Xavier's first thoughts should be LSU, then Saban, Track coach Pat Henry, then Fisher, and whoever we get as a WR Coach, who I'm sure will be excellent. Saban gets great coaches. Now we have about 100+ coaches who would love to interview for Stan Hixon's old job.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I agree totally. There will be a very long line for thet job.