Tiger to quit golf?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by gumborue, Dec 11, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im impressed with elin. evidently she wont leave if he agrees to stop touring.

"The Sun reported Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, has drawn up a list of requirements for Woods to meet if he wants to remain married. "Last night it was understood Elin had refused to let Woods tour until he regained her trust - or until daughter Sam, 2, and 10-month-old son Charlie were old enough to tag along with them," The Sun reported."

Tiger Woods to quit golf? -- OrlandoSentinel.com

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I work with a serious golfer, now on wife 3, married over 20 years. He said he was married to wife one for about a year, just after college. He played golf all the time, loved it, drank beer and had a good time. They weren't getting along, and she finally told him "you have to give up the golf and running around, or I'm leaving, it's me or golf!". He said, "why don't you ask me something hard, you're outa here!". :hihi:

Frankly, it sounds to me like they are not well matched, and probably should split up. If Tiger cheated once, maybe you can patch that up, but he was TOTALLY DISREPECTED his marriage, and if I was her, I'd want OUT.

Her request for him to give up golf sounds dumb. It has been his total life since he was like 3 years old. How old was he when he went on Johnny Carson, like 4? What would he have to do to "regain her trust", how long would that take?

Maybe they need a mulligan on the marriage thing.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree leading me to believe this story is total BS.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If that is true, Tiger needs to cut her a check and send her packing. His life is going to be a living hell if he stays married to her.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

F that! Hit the road bitch.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The link is to a British tabloid. So much for credibility.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Tiger has announced he will take an indefinate leave from pro golf so he can have some private time with his family and try to repair the damage he has done. Don't know how long it will last. In my view, while it is understandable, it is a mistake. Once he gets back on the tour and starts winning tho whole mess will fade away. This just delays that day. Just for the record, while Woods was clearly in the wrong here, the women who continue to get in the news media for their own benefits are nothing but pariah.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Man...I love Tiger Woods but in 2 weeks his reputation has become stained forever. He will never have the endorsement clout he had. Sure he will come back to golf and probably dominate. People will cheer and he will be on the front page but it will take a long time for the ugly cloud to disappear from over his head.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The iconic cash-cow robot idol has met his match.

And it is him.

The recent club-throwing cussing over-competitive act was running thin.

He wasn't working on perfecting his game when he wasn't on the course, he was working on some ho.

I am wary of famous folks that no one will approach or ask the tough questions for fear of being shut out.

I always admired his golf game, but his actions have always been a little contrived IMO.

Still, I would like to see him return, just a little more human and displaying a little more genuine humility.

He is a very gifted golfer.

It's too bad that the flawed person that money made him into brought him down.

It is especially tragic for his family.