Thoughts of Barry Bonds Breaking Record

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tygertail, Apr 10, 2007.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Welcome to America.

In this country you have to be PROVEN guilty.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Thanks for bringing reality back to this conversation.

Bonds is more scrutinized than Lance Armstrong and yet no evidence has been produced. Doubts? Surely....Proof? none has been forthcoming. Get over it and accept that he is a great player, that has done amazing things for many years, and may break a hallowed record despite playing in a time period tainted (by many others), with steroids. How will you guys feel when Bonds is exonerated from wrong doing? How much will this cheapen the moment?? It is just as likely that he is innocent as being proven guilty. You can convince yourself based on everything except the facts, but that doesn't make it so.

If Bonds had been caught using steroids, he would have been run out of baseball faster than s%it through a goose.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thats where you are wrong.

Bud and the gang know lots of guys that have used steroids. The game has fallen off the face of the earth and they are doing everything they can to save it.

I know plenty of guys that have been caught that arent being released.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Considering how vilified he has been w/out being caught, I do think he would be run out. He is not a popular personality with the media or fans in general and that certainly plays in to most of this controversy. I do agree that the ethics of the game have fallen off, but for there to even be a debate about the commissioner possibly not going to the game when he breaks the record, that should tell you they will put his head on a pike if they catch him.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree with that. Either kick him out for steroids or support him for the record. I dont like playing both sides of the fence bull****.

I think the fans will/have done enough damage so the commissioner doesn't need to make a stand. It would be better for the game if he went when he broke it....then when it come out that he is a cheater Bud can ridicule him all he wants.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The issue is not whether Bonds is guilty of a crime. He admitted to a grand jury that he "unknowlingly" used steroids:

Barry Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn't know they were steroids, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Friday.

Bonds told a U.S. grand jury that he used undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," which he received from personal trainer Greg Anderson during the 2003 season. According to Bonds, the trainer told him the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player's arthritis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1937594

Many baseball fans disliked Barry Bonds long b4 the steroid use surfaced b/c of his poor attitude etc. Obviously, these same fans are very suspect of Bonds' excuse that he didn't know he was taking steroids. In the court of public opinion, rightly or wrongly, a conviction is completely unnecessary for someone to be vilified. To many baseball fans outside on San Fran, Barry Bonds is nothing but a cheater who is about to break one of baseball's most hallowed records. This virtually guarantees that peoples' emotions are going to be jacked up exponentially. Barry Bonds will probably never be convicted of anything related to steroid use. However, when he breaks the home run record, IMHO, its only going to escalate the extreme negative feelings that most baseball fans have towards him, and thats okay by me !

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That only applies inside a courtroom.

Outside the courtroom, we can think anything we want about someone. And I think that someone is a cheating POS.

1 person likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im amazed how many forget due to the apologists that he admitted it just unknowingly. not a small detail.

problem is he didnt break a rule. steroids werent a banned substance. this is on selig moreso than the fathead.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course. in the world of sports and celebridom, public opinion reigns supreme. they pay the bills. this isnt about illegalities.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Greg Anderson just called me from prison and said all of this is really making him laugh.