Thoughts of Barry Bonds Breaking Record

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tygertail, Apr 10, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

i don't liek barry. at all...

but i am not ignorant enough to think he would be some stiff in another era.

he is the best player of our era... period...

until you show me prove of everyone's records, we have to assume people are innocent until proven otherwise.

100 pitchers that he has taken deep may have also been on the juice.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I dont understand why Selig wouldnt go to begin with. For the sake of the game, you would think he would want to show and promote this record, rather than giving it an even bigger black eye forever.

Who cares what he really thinks. He is the commisioner and needs to do what is best for the game.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

McQuire hit 49 HR's as a skinny rookie, ended his career #6(ish) on the All-Time HR list, never tested positive for any illegal substances (at the time, you could walk into any GNC and buy androstenedione), yet didn't even get close to receiving enough votes for the hall. Why? Because the circumstantial evidence is pretty convincing that the bastid cheated.

By you're logic, everyone should get off O.J.'s case as well. He's never been proven guilty.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

That seems a bit harsh. Didn't OJ actually get a trial? I tend to believe Bonds used steroids as well, but these guys have only been convicted in the court of public opinion. Considering Bud let all this happen for years and now pretends to care when there is a public backlash, seems a bit disingenuous.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Yeah, and was found NOT GUILTY.

Like O.J.?

6. TheDude

Guilty or not, at least he has gotten a trial. To date, Bonds has not.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

That didn't stop you from saying this about Vick

Vick hasn't even been arraigned until tomorrow. Yet you don't think Atlanta should allow him to play this year.

8. clair

clair Rockets

I am of personal belief that he did do steroids, but yet is still does not matter.

this era is the steroids era. of all the big, powerful hitters who juiced, he still hit more than all of them and is the best of the era.

and like I said before, juicing is not restricted to hitters only. he may have gotten HRs off 200 pitchers who were just as guilty as he is.

Roger Clemens, for example, was accused last year by someone, but they (media) slid it under the rug, because they like him.

9. TheDude

Point to where I actually stated that Atlanta should not play Vick this year. I said that Atlanta is setting themselves up if they do and claimed that it is a marketing nightmare for the Falcons and the NFL. Obviously, San Francisco has not suffered from having Bonds in the line up and for that matter, neither have the attendance of opposing teams when Bonds is in town.

The outrage over Vick has come from all corners, including his own fans, and add to that, he has been indicted, while Bonds has not. Point being, most Americans will accept a person cheating to boost one's performance before they will accept someone killing animals for gambling purposes. Apples and oranges.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Next sentence.

Sounds an awful lot like "it's a bad idea to play Vick"

So that whole innocent until proven quilty bit is on a case by case basis now? Do we just make up the rules as we go?

Let's see:
    • Bonds allegedly did something that people hate him for, and people are calling for his suspension, possibly even ban him for life, yet has never been proven quilty of anything.
    • Vick allegedly did something that people hate him for, and people are calling for his suspension, possibly even ban him for life, yet has never been found quilty of anything.
    Your idea of Apples and Oranges is different than mine.