the walls are closing in

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jmg, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

True, but trump of all people would have. We both know it.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, why did he feel the need to lie about it?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your speculation is not fact.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What did he lie about?

Look, its now our fault you dont know how the tax code works.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the purpose of politics is not to care about tax returns. its to make the world a better place with good policy. start no wars, produce plenty of energy, end the drug war which destroys so many lives and costs so much.

99% of discussion of politics is utter frivolity.

trump has suggested the death penalty for drug dealers. i say this makes him a bad candidate. need a dude that legalizes drugs, and, perhaps most importantly, wants to maximize fossil fuel energy production.

take everyone's tax returns and shove them up your ass it does not matter

fanatic and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

shit! i guess he will be charged soon. this is nothing like the exact same thing you have been saying since 2017 every single day. this time they got him for sure!

hey @Winston1 check this shit out they finally got him! walls closing in!
    oh they are coming, the charges are coming they got him now!

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

He’s also got some pretty shitty gun control ideas.

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yep. But we never even get to that because we must defend TDS issues all the fucking time.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i was told by lying shitbags like rachel maddow that trumps tax returns would show russian money.

i guess that was a lie. walls failed to close in yet again.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

interesting bit from politico on the "walls closing in" phenomenon. readers should remember that basically every liberal here used the phrase on their own, before i started mocking it.

liberals dont just repeat talking points from twitter, they repeat exact words.

"For a certain type of pundit, there’s an idea as alluring and unchanging as the green lights at the end of Daisy Buchanan’s dock: The walls are closing in on Trump.

They said it during litigation about Trump University. They said it when the Donald J. Trump Foundation agreed to shut down while being investigated by the state of New York. They said it during the Mueller probe. They said it when Paul Manafort pleaded guilty in 2018. When Pat Cipollone testified before the Jan. 6 committee. When the Supreme Court rejected Trump’s claims of executive privilege related to official documents surrounding the events of Jan. 6. When Mueller recommended prison time for Michael Cohen. When Trump spoke to CPAC for two hours in 2019. When niece Mary L. Trump’s tell-all family memoir neared release. When Andrew McCabe’s book came out. When, in 2019, Trump started criticizing Fox News via Twitter. When he referred to himself as a “nationalist.” When the Supreme Court heard cases about whether he could shield his tax returns from Congress and the Manhattan district attorney.

When the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago in August, CNN legal analyst Joey Jackson added his own entry to this canon. “I think the issue here is that indictment — and I’ll say it — I think it’s imminent as it relates to the president,” he said.

Four months later, Trump has yet to be indicted. Is it possible that he will be eventually? Sure. But until then, the walls will be perpetually closing in on him."

from an article about bad predictions here:
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/12/31/the-worst-political-predictions-of-2022-00074872

i think its interesting the way characters like @Rex and @Winston1 et al have no awareness of why the media keeps saying this and why its wrong. whats their motivation?

shane0911 likes this.