The Summer of 2013 Dwight Howard Circus

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

He'll probably choose Houston, or at least he should, but I hope he picks GS Warriors. If he does, and they move all the pieces they are talking about, they are likely to suck, and he is going to flail. That would be poetic justice. Houston is a much better situation for him personnel wise, imho.

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Biggest sports forum i know is currently averaging 20 posts per minute in the first Dwight thread that came up (i bet they have more), hard to keep up with. Another forum i follow is averaging 3 post per minute in their main Dwight thread. Another i follow is at 6 posts a minute in their biggest Dwight thread (they have several), biggest is at 200 pages. Another i follow has 26 new Dwight threads on their main page all started in the last 10 minutes...I'm afraid to check the other forums i follow. lol

This is crazy

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

CBS Sports:

Howard immediately catapults the Rockets into the class of the West.

USA Today:

The practice of superstars pushing their way to greener pastures is hardly a unique concept..., but Howard's was in a class all its own because of the seemingly endless twists and turns and his infamous indecisiveness.

Sports Illustrated:

News of the deal (of Howard to Houston) was first reported by USA Today Sports and confirmed by NBA.com and CBSSports.com .
    However, Howard’s agent, Dan Fegan, told Sports Illustrated‘s Chris Mannix that Howard has not made a final decision . Fegan said Howard hoped to decide by Friday night or Saturday morning.
    Rockets general manager Daryl Morey tweeted, “While we are excited & cautiously optimistic @DwightHoward might choose Houston, we have not yet heard about his decision.”

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Here's a photoshop someone did:

[​IMG]

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

ESPN:

Omer Asik, the Houston Rockets' resident starting center...has no interest in being Howard's backup or playing next to him, a source close to the Rockets' center told ESPN.com. It is not yet clear if Asik will demand a trade.

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

ESPN:

A Winning Formula?
    In the 2008-09 season, the Magic made the NBA Finals with Howard in the middle and a strong group of 3-point shooters. That season the Magic attempted the second-most 3-pointers per game (26.2) while posting the sixth-best shooting percentage from beyond the arc (38.1 percent).
    That season the Magic shot 39.0 percent from 3-point range with Howard on court and 35.7 percent with him off court.

The Rockets already have put together the shooters. All that's missing is Howard.
    Last season the Rockets attempted the second-most 3-pointers per game (28.9) while posting the eight-best shooting percentage on those shots (36.6 percent).
    Howard’s presence could free up Rockets shooters even more (like it did in Orlando)
    Of the top 10 3-point shooting teams last season,eight made the playoffs. The Heat had the second-best 3-point shooting percentage last season en route to the NBA title, defeating the Spurs, who had the fourth-best 3-point field goal percentage.

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Co-host of Morning Talk Show on 790 AM in Houston, Matt Jackson, tweeted this picture and wrote: "Hell yes."

[​IMG]

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

These were funny:

Breaking: Sources confirm Lakers will make Steve Blake take a pay-cut to make up for wasted billboards for Dwight Howard

Breaking: Dwight Howard reportedly unhappy in Houston

BREAKING: Dwight Howard already regrets decision...requests trade to Chicago

9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Ouch, Dwight's now former Laker teammate, forward Antawn Jamison, just wrote this to Dwight on twitter:

Wow.. @DwightHoward just betrayed the Lakers..

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Yahoo Sports on Dwight to Houston:

"The decision (if finalized) would be a devastating blow to the Lakers and transform the Rockets – with Howard joining All-Star guard James Harden and a strong supporting cast – into legitimate Western Conference championship contenders."