News The Stock Market

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 25, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

this is never going to go anywhere so I'm not going to waste my time on the back and forth. These fuckers are criminals in my opinion, and profited off of the misery of tens of thousands of Americans who worked very hard, fuck them.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Profiting is one thing. Causing it to happen is another. What do you think of people who buy foreclosed houses?

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yesterday my Financial Advisor had a meeting, oh, this had been planned for weeks, but couldn't have came at a better time. With the market taking it's fall. A couple things, Greeks GDP is about the same as the state of La. There was so much talk over the months on the defaulting.

They also projected the market to start moving upward again, just like many were sitting on the side with cash, many funds were doing the same.

They brought up up this stat.

"Considered that in 12 months following the end of a bear market, a fully invested stock portfolio had an average total return of 37.4%. However if a investor missed the first six months of this recovery by holding cash, his return would have been only 7.5%.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Long term investors are doing little to nothing, except looking for new opportunities. No point in selling off with prices so low. Not a time to buy until the true bottom has been found. In any 20-year period since the beginning of the market profits have been made ranging from 6% to 18%. Dips and peaks will happen and you have to be aware of them to make trades that are prudent and tax-savvy. But if you keep your money in the game for the long run, you will profit. You cannot profit with money on the sidelines.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I bought one

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To resell? I know a guy who makes very good money flipping houses he buys at foreclosure auctions. @LaSalleAve would call him a bloodsucking scumbag douche profiting off the misery of the downtrodden worker.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No I wouldn't.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

21-Year-Old Stock Trader Grows
    $1 Million Net Worth

By MONEY MORNING STAFF REPORTS - 8/31/2015

Jason Pelts from Milwaukee is not your typical stock investor. As a 21-year-old college senior, he invested his $1,500 savings account and turned it into a $1 million portfolio.

Although Pelts' returns are astonishing, they took only about three years to occur. His first big trade was a web hosting company. The stock netted him $2,000 in ten minutes. This sent him on his way to earning six figures while still living with his mother and father.

Pelts was able to capitalize on market fluctuations that others didn't see coming.

http://moneymorning.com/ext/article..._img.php?iris=405208&ad=atgt6a-g21kmmis-cplc2

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's website to convince you to buy his financial advice. Don't be gullible.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A friend of mine made quite a bit of money from the 90's until the mid 2000's with an internet business. He didn't spend money foolishly or extravagantly but he knew he wasn't a great money manager. His wife managed their money and they were doing pretty well. Had a house on the golf course of a gated community in Las Vegas where he had worked in the hotel business before. Because of changes in the technology and in some laws he was no longer able to make the kind of money he had been making but they had enough in the bank to where they should have been able to retire comfortably.

His wife, on the advice of her brother started day trading on some internet broker website. Within 2 years she had lost $3 Million and they were broke. Now he lives in a cabin in Utah at an altitude of 8,000 feet in some very small town. His Social Security isn't enough so he has to work at some kind of water system management job for the community that sometimes requires that he be outdoors in freezing temperatures. His wife lives in Vegas with her sister and works 2 jobs.

Playing the stocks is like gambling.