The Saints Winning Signals the End of the World

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I get all giddy everytime they refer to the Saints as having a "Video Game Offense".

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

We're three games in guys. Let's not jinx it.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

true.
    i think if anything though, it's funny to see the contrast of fan reaction to the 3-0 saints and the 4-0 tigers.

1 person likes this.
  4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Agreed it is a fan base that expects great wins compared to a fan base that has been consistently content with great defeats!

I can very much remember thinking that the Saints lost "well" and that was a victory in itself and looking forward to the next week when things would improve! If I only would have known how long next week would have taken I may have found another team....nah....nevermind! I like misery!

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Well, we weren't content with being losers. Nobody is. But we were happy to have an NFL team in the first place... not every city or state can say that. Look at Los Angeles right now... they don't even have an NFL team, and they are the 2nd-biggest-city in the USA. There are like 15 other bigger cities than New Orleans that would love to have an NFL team... including the city you live in, Orlando. And look at all the states that don't have NFL teams... only like 21 of the 50 states have an NFL team.

6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I am not sure where you are going with this but I will try and explain myself anyway...back in the day I remember (as a Saints fan) clearly being happy at a good showing, even in defeat. Very much like the Mississippi State fans I talked to this week were thrilled to have a team compete and not get blown out. People that have been Saints fans for a long time know what I am talking about. When we played Dallas and the 49'ers back in the day, to not get our lunch eaten was a delight! Now we look at the better teams and feel an excitement, a power, and a chance to win; not just hang in there.

As LSU fans in the last, close to, decade we feel we should win at all costs and win with dominance.

That was my point...difference in fan logic, just backing up 327's post.

Got it?:wink:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I'm just responding to how you wrote that Saints fans are "a fan base that has been consistently content with great defeats!" LSU was losers in the 90's. And during the 90's, Tiger Stadium slumped in attendance. But I was still there, feeling that excitement, that power, and that chance to win... and so was everybody else there with me. We had faith in our team (even though we usually ended up losing). Same thing with the Saints. Every time I got to go to a Saints game in the Dome, we all felt the excitement, the power, the chance to win. We had faith in our team (even though we usually ended up losing).

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the end ain't cominh just yet.

i see them falling just short for the next couple of seasons.

and then the Super Bowl will be in NOLA in jan '13
    Saints will be unbeaten without a single close game, and then Dec '12, the world as we know it will cease to exist

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

12/12/2012

If LSU is undefeated the SEC championship would be right around that time. Shouldnt the National Championship game be back in the Dome that year too?

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

after the '11 season i think
    so that would be Jan '12