The Purge Begins

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Jan 13, 2021.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I believe it kept him out of the HOF again this year.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Speaking of purge. Libbies are at it again in San Fran. Even though they are not going to school, they had the time to vote to change the names of 44 schools. Names included Lincoln and Washington. Cause you know, they were people of their times and times were different back then. It doesn't hold up to Liberal standards of today.

What else doesn't hold up to liberal standards of today? They removed Dianne Feinstein's name from an elementary school. She was a victim of the purge because once, as the mayor of San Fran, she had a damaged confederate flag replaced. Unforgiveable. But when it was damaged a second time, she never replaced it. Still, unforgiveable.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I find it absolutely hilarious when the eat their own.

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Somebody on TV last night said they should just name all the schools after Jesus.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That wouldn’t work. That nut case muslim from Minnesota, among others would go nuts. Now, naming them all MLK would work.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Might as well .... every city in the nation has a MLK street. Most have a Washington St as well, but those are all about to be replaced .... maybe they can call them BLM Avenue, or George Floyd Blvd.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They have to make sure they put them in bad parts of town. I have never seen an MLK Street or a Washington Street in a good neighborhood.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Whatever Trump did or didn’t do January 6 and the time leading up to it I am against holding his impeachment trial.
    However it’s going to be interesting. The house impeachment managers are asking him to testify. That carries tremendous risk for both sides. It will be a circus but probably one worth the admission.
    https://apple.news/AcvLyUGHmR2mY6WuMrBH1bg

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

IF Chief Justice Roberts refuses to accept the trial, then it is nothing more than symbolism. The Constitution requires that the Chief Justice preside over the impeachment of a President. Roberts has insinuated that Trump is no longer president and therefore he has no obligation to accept the case. The Democrats seem to think that putting leaky Leahy in as presiding officer will suffice because Trump is no longer President, and therefore Justice Roberts is no longer required, ...... but then, If Trump is not President, then he holds no office at all. As such, they are not impeaching Trump, as you can't "impeach" a citizen who holds no office .... there is simply nothing to impeach him from.

So .. what this comes down to, is they are pretending this is a "trial". But as we all know, trials of citizens take place in the courts, not congress. The Democrats dare not file charges in court, as that would allow for all kinds of discovery, as well as appeals up to and including a SCOTUS appeal. Discovery would include the "cause" of the riot, which inevitably leads to Election Fraud, not Trump, which inevitably will require all those Democrat Precincts who refuse to allow anyone to forensically audit the election to turn over the materials.

fanatic and Bengal B like this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Wow that’s a lot of blather. First of all he’s been impeached and it was while he was in office. Whether he should be tried or not is the question. I agree he shouldn’t and like that Roberts refused to proceed. However there is precedence for trying someone who was impeached then left office. It happened in 1876 I think but was for a cabinet Secretary not president.
    This is undoubtedly a political act of revenge by the Democrats. The question is how will it play in public? The second question is how the public will react to Trump being questioned and how he responds. As I said I think it’s a double edged sword for both sides.
    A poor appearance by Trump could destroy him. If the Democrats appear to be wolves attacking a wounded bear they could lose all credibility. The trial will have to be public and televised so spinning by either will not have as much impact. Trump and the Democrats will rise or fall on their own efforts. Like I said it WILL be fascinating.