The Pig Trap

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gynojunkie, Sep 12, 2020.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

There are still plenty here to do the job but not enough to do so effectively. What they also fail to account for is how many would simply not comply with the order. I know I have been retired for a while and I also know the military has sunk to some low levels but I'd still say there are a lot of them that would say "I'm not doing that" and I bet it would start at the top.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Our oath is to the constitution, not to any person.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That’s what I was gonna say. Many won’t do,it.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

And i mean A LOT, imagine the La Nat guard having to go to daddy and grandpas house to try and take their guns

Yeah good luck with that

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So if they try to use the military to seize guns not only will many/most refuse as Shane says, but it will be an illegal order. The military isn’t authorized to take police actions in the United States.
    If the democrats are stupid enough to try something like that it will be the last thing they do.

shane0911 and gynojunkie like this.
  6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

It won’t stop them! Social Security is unconstitutional and all FDR had to do was threaten to pack the court with his lackies in order to change the minds of the sitting justices.

No different here, they will creatively interpret the Constitution such that it does empower the military to act as police, probably as a function of the general welfare clause. It just is who they are.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I like to believe that if an order is given to the military that is coup like. That the JCS would appeal for cooler heads and for the issue to be resolved by the civilians. Dont know if that would happen but anything else would be a disaster for the country.

8. shane0911

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what "rule" they try and apply it under, the rank and file in the military will say fuck you Im not doing that. Hell MANY of them own weapons themselves, think they will confiscate their own shit and hand it over?

Bengal B likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If things completely go off the rails and our rights erode to the point where this actually happens, I will hide mine and report them stolen. I imagine a lot of people will do the same. But I agree with Shane. They'll have a hard time convincing soldiers and marines to do this.

el005639 and shane0911 like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Already thought of that one I bet millions of others have too.