The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

C for reggie is right. A for pierre thomas. its obvious reggie should be phased out for the money he is making. cut your losses and gtfo.

looks like he, brady quinn, and jamarcus should be joining our fantasy football league next year if they wanna be a part of some team.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

The thing that kills me about him is when he makes his best cuts/moves is when he is running straight ahead and makes the defender miss....

HOWEVER on his punts he catches the ball, stands there, trys to do a move on the first guy and then trys to take off.

If he would catch...run...and then make people miss he would do so much better.

Thats another reason why I dont understand why he isnt running back kickoffs....he would have 15 yards at full speed to make moves.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

It's not touch or flag football so why does he drop to the ground as soon as he's touched?

If he got tough, he could add a few yards to his "per carry" average.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's usually when he gets hurt...Pierre and the Bell are our "run over the defense" backs. Reggie's the "run around them" guy.

5. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I made the same observation to my wife when we were watching he game. He seems to lack the great vision that great returners have. He doesn't seem to see the run lanes before fielding the ball and then catch it and fly. He catches then tries to find a spot then it's closed before he can accelerate. The great returners could seem to anticipate where the lane would open and be running at speed and hit it when it opened. Running laterally will get you negative yards against all but the weakest most undisciplined kick coverage teams.

Didn't they have him returning kickoffs his rookie year? I don't recall him being too good at it overall.

Did you see the game today? He was quite a bit better I thought. Not Deuce, but better. He broke a few tackles running with power through the hole. I think he's improved since the start of the season, let's see if it will be consistent. He is never going to be a power runner; he doesn't have the mentality, body, or technique for it. I hope you weren't expecting that when he got drafted because he never has been at any level and probably doesn't have the desire or ability to be one now.

1 person likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

His vision was fine on returns last year. This year, he does seem to be hesitating before he goes, almost like he's trying to set up the first block. But overall, I think RB's head is not screwed on right this season. He missed virtually all of training camp, and I think that certainly hurt him. Then he had the bad game against Detroit and heard boos in the 'Dome for the first time in his career. He looks to me like he's pressing to make something happen in the return game every time, rather than just taking what's there. Don't think, just run.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

his vision is fine. however his fear of playing actual football which involves physical contact overrides it. this will never change. time to cut bait in '10.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Not going to happen, nor should it. The cap hit is enormous I think...

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

So, how vital was Reggie's contribution this week to beating the best team in the NFL?

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

:)

[​IMG]