The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Not Reggie Bush for damn sure!

That's a tough choice. Do the Texans still take Mario Williams at #1? If not I'd take him in a second in hindsight. If he's gone, I'd take Antonio Cromartie. Because I now know how bad Jason David will suck and how many games he will help the team lose.

What about you?

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Donte Whitner

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:shock: nice. i agree. I say trade him for a draft pick, or whatever you can get. He would fit perfectly somewhere like Detroit, Oakland, even Washington, or Tampa. i would take a 2nd rounder for him, because these 4 teams are going to be pretty high in the draft, and thanks to Dallas, Detroit is going to have more than 1.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Adding one important and valid question to this list might change some of the answers....

5. mctiger

Can I use this same time machine to place a few bets while I'm back there?:lol:

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I like this coaching staff. I (like many) sometimes wonder why we run certain formations or plays but I'm still satisfied with their coaching skills.

It seems to me that some people want to give Bush complete credit when he does something good but completely blame the coaching staff when Bush doesn't perform well. I just don't agree with that.

The coaches don't force him to run backwards or fumble.

I don't understand your additional comments. As I said before...I don't hate the guy and truly hope he can improve. To me he's currently a quality backup but I really want him to be a star. With each passing game it appears less likely that will ever happen.

Is Bush worth his contract...NO (but probably)
    Should Bush receive a raise...NO (but maybe)
    Is Bush a star on the field...NO (but probably)
    Can the Saints win without Bush...YES (maybe not)

I'm not interested in hurting the team in an effort to make Bush a star. If he fits into this offense...great! If not, why change to accommodate him? We're doing pretty darn well as is.

7. mctiger

Agreed, the philosophy won't, and should not have to, change to accomodate one player. I merely maintain that Bush is not used in ways that maximize his potential. The comments I added reflect that: is Bush worth his contract....no (but if they used him properly, he probably would be) etc, etc.

Tell you what....I almost did this last week, because Bush has been a major topic of discussion. For this week's game, I'm going to make an effort to analyze his impact play-by-play, with emphasis on how he's used and if, in my opinion, he's put into a situation that best fits his abilities. Obviously this won't be for every play of the game, just plays where he either touches the ball or is an obvious decoy to free up another target.

As far as your last statement, I have to be honest and concede that if we're capable of scoring 40 a game with Bush making a minimal contribution, then his best value to us might be as trade material. I'd just hate to see him go elsewhere and live up to his potential because they used him better. Not to mention, there's no guarantee that our offense will continue to perform like it has in these first two games. We may very well need Bush before its over.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday say something about Reggie Bush holding a record for the most fumbles out of bounds. This sounded familiar, so I paid more attention. Jimmy Ott said that Bush is still worth a 1st round draft pick, and the caller said that he was worth maybe a 4th.

The caller was tirk. lol

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

:lol::lol:

10. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Reggie had a good game today. When he got the ball in space he made the most out of it. I was happy with his results running between the tackles today too, he ran hard and had a couple of big gains.

I give him a C+ for the game today. Deficiencies were that he didn't do anything in the punt return game. Tripped over one of his linemen once on a play. Made a below average block in pass protection once. Other than, I think he that he played well.

I'm certainly glad he was a part of the game today, the Saints would have had a much harder time winning without his contributions.

As a bonus, we stopped TO's consecutive games with a reception streak. Kudos to Jabari Greer , Randal Gay, and Harper and Sharper for shutting him down. Did anyone else notice him taking plays off when there wasn't a pass coming to him? I did.