The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah well it shoulda been you. anytime anyone predicts reggie bust winning a playoff game months ahead of time then of course completely sucking. well only i could do such a thing in retrospect. thats like hitting the lottery.

even the bush boys here who watch him every game were on board with his greatness. only takes the following week for reality to set in. so fickle is the human race.

im as unique a talent as reggie bush i suppose.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's a message board. I thought we were supposed to exaggerate and over sensationalize all of our comments right?:hihi:

Maybe an exaggeration but that would certainly have been a game defining moment had we lost. At the time, I felt like it could easily cost us the game.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Absolutely. That's the replay we'd have seen 200 times in the last 2 days instead of Porter's int. Ironically, both plays involved a player breaking a cardinal rule of football. Bush - never field a punt inside your own 10. Favre - never throw across your body into the middle of the field.

5. mctiger

There is something Kardashian-esque about your current avatar pic. :lol:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

something we should reass-ess.

7. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Absolutely perfect. I hope he doesn't cost us the SB.

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Really? I thought it leaned more toward being ridiculous.

He made an incredible move after being hit(didn't go down like he normally does), then he reversed direction, made two more defenders miss at the same time by hopping forward or whatever you want to call it and then had great vision to find the seam and take it to the house with blazing speed. Honestly, it looked like something you could only do on PlayStation.

On the punt return, he started to run laterally, but instead of trying to beat the whole team to the outside like he normally does, he made a great, sudden cut to the inside faking out the D and then he only needed to beat the punter. Arizona did not have their coverage spread out good on that play, but Reggie beat the front line guys first. It's not like he only had to beat the punter. It wasn't just luck as stated. He beat those other guys with that great cut. It was a great decision and you have to give him credit where it's due. The same goes for the long TD run. Also, he made a great 3rd down catch in that game and had some other runs where he actually nailed people. If you find fault in the way he played against AZ, you're just being ridiculous. I'm critical of him too, but I've got to be fair.

His punt return against Minnesota was stupid. That's worth calling him out on. He also didn't really do anything running the ball. But he did have a big catch on 3rd down early in the game on one of our scoring drives that went for 20+ yards as well as that good effort after that catch to get into the end zone and give us the lead early in the 4th. So he did some important things as well. Also, we had pretty good field position all day because they were scared to let him return it.

He's not worth what we're paying him, but he does a number of good things for us when he's in there. He hasn't had that many carries this year, but at least he's averaging 5.6 per carry and has been good receiving the ball. And he has been running tougher for the last 8 or 9 games and actually hitting some people.

I agree that he's too Hollywood with all the celebrating or taunting or whatever you want to call it. But let's face it, that's about 75% of the league.

The bottom line is that the Saints are in the Super Bowl and who really gives a $hit about Reggie and whether he will be here next year or not. Enjoy the moment cause you never know when the ride will abruptly end.

Besides, Payton seems to really like Bush and what he brings to the team. So I'm thinking he'll be back one way or the other. I mean, look at Jason David. He was pathetic with the Saints, but he stuck around cause Payton brought him in. As soon as Greg Williams came here, he was gone before the season even started. He probably would have made it one more year if not for Williams cause coaches don't like to admit they're wrong very much.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with this. I doubt his ego will let him restructure his deal, especially for less money, but I hope they find a way to get it done. His presence on the field alone opens up so much more for the offense because of the match up problems he poses. I realize he has to do alot more than be a decoy to earn that kind of jack, but I don' think the offense will be as explosive without him.

10. mctiger

Well, how often have we seen a premier athlete in his prime say,"you know, I really didn't earn what you paid me on the last contract, so just pay me less on the next one."?