The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

live and learn, kids.

til gms (and fans apparently) learn the difference between a football player (pierre thomas) and a one-hit wonder (reggie bust) then teams will continue to draft the combine workout warriors.

(its ok i had the same blindness with jamarcus apparently)

he did what I hoped for months ago. won a playoff game for us then slithered (backwards) in his hole. now the other dumb gm's who fall in love with these types can take him off our hands so we dont have to cut him or worse be stuck with the sidewinder for the duration of his career.

runs backwards, drops a crucial pass right in his hands, closes his eyes and fumbles while catching a critical punt. amazing.

7 carries 8 yards. but yet he got to flex his muscles after a nice run early. Reminiscent of the other playoff game when he held the ball out to Urlacher which turned the momentum around. hes obviously a slow learner.

The PT Cruiser reminds me of Dalton Hilliard. pierre thomas, that is. Doesn't look so fast but is always going forward and getting every yard he can. Great vision and instincts. Can't teach it obviously.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The idiocy of Bush's career was summed up in the post game show when they brought him and Drew on national TV. They asked reggie a question when the words "2 Catches, 33 yards" appeared below him. Really? We have a kicker make a game winning field goal, a punter who must have averaged a 48 yard net and kicked every kickoff to the back of the endzone, and an incredible defensive effort from the whole team and you give us Reggie Bush? That's crazy. The guy almost cost us the game.

3. tirk

i thought the dude kicking off and the punter should have been co-mvps before overtime. until the gw fg. pothead hartley deserves a share also. he hit that kick about as true as it gets. it hit in the upper half of the net from 40. coulda gone 60.

come to think of it the entire special teams played a part. roby is always awesome and pierre's kickoff return was the key to sealing the deal.

(hartley said during an espn interview after the game that he couldnt sleep the night before. kinda in a trance. called his dad at 2:15am saying he had a dream he made a game winning fg from 42 yards out on the right hash.)

he was 2 yards off

1 person likes this.
  4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Reggie is a tool, and a valuable tool at that, for Sean Payton to use. I think he's an asset for the team, even if he hasn't lived up to his #2 overall status. He is not, however, worth the money he's owed next season. I'd love to see him stay on the team, but not for the money he's due. If he doesn't renegotiate, it's time to part ways.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Tirk, I couldn't have put it better. Before each punt I was saying out loud, "Please don't fumble Bush." Of course, it happened. Saints fans have short memories and Bush fumbles a lot. He also was bailed out on a pivotal fumble on a toss sweep against Philly in the playoff game we won before heading to our only other NFC championship game against the Bears. By far, he is the most cowardly RB I have ever seen play in the NFL. And yes, I was still saying this last week when he put up good numbers. If you analyze his 2 biggest plays last week he began the runs the same as he always does--laterally. He swept left, ran into someone, and then tried to go right and was bounced back again. Finally, he noticed a wide open hole in front of him and took off in the direction of the other team's goal. The same story on his TD punt return. He ran laterally to the right and was lucky enough that a huge hole opened up for him to take it up the field and beat only the punter for a TD. Of course he pointed backwards at the end of a TD run which could have cost us a taunting penalty. Get rid of him!!! Perhaps we can get Pete Carrol to take him. He may not realize that unlike college where Reggie wasn't afraid to lower his pads against a 170 lb CB, he now has a patented fetal position maneuver when he confronts any heavy traffic. Believe me Al Davis may be the only other possible owner that would be foolish enough to take Reggie Bust off our hands. I hope he has a fabulous SuperBowl for the Saints sake, but he has to go!

6. tirk

if you watch the replay closely you will see he actually has his eyes closed the entire time the ball is coming toward him and even after it hits him.

you cant teach that, kids.

thats a special talent for a dude who's played football his entire life. as a returner at that.

you can't un-teach fear.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, that was Fox's choice - or mistake, if you prefer; I won't disagree - not Bush's. I will disagree with you on that last statement though. That was a high school mistake, although NFL returners are usually given more lattitude on the whole "never field a punt inside the 10 yard line" rule. His real mistake was in not going for a fair catch, which would have made sense if you're trying not to let them down the punt deep. But, "almost cost us the game?" In the second quarter? That's a bit of an overstatement, methinks.

edit: just in case you think I'm trying to soft-sell the play. Nope, the real mistake he made was trying to run back a punt from his own 10, in a situation where the Vikes were punting from a short field and had all kinds of time to get good coverage. That was absolutely stupid on Bush's part.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Its the same person!

Hell before they converted the 4th down I was yelling at the tv for them to let Morstead drop kick the damn ball through the uprights!

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I can't figure out why any of y'all are surprised by any of this Bush love.

This is what happens ALL THE TIME in today's wacky world when celebrity trumps performance.

Hell, he'll never get rid of Bruce Jenner's lard-@ssed stepdaughter at this rate.

Would cost him WAAAAAYYYY too much pub.

And as we all know by now dude is all about the pub grab.

Famous (even for all the wrong reasons) is better than great to many these days.

Insane if ya axe me. :dis:

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Once again Tirk has it exactly right!!! The last quote is perfection.:thumb: