The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. thagratest1

thagratest1 Freshman

Its Funny seeing all of you cats get emotional about Bush. If you take off your dresses and get over the fact that he is from USC and had some success. At the end of the day, Bush has been a very good contributer to the Saints Organization. Has he reached his potential? of course not, But let me ask, have you reached your full potential in your career and in life??

Bottom Line, you can put whatever you want to put on Bush - Bust, Trade him, not worth the money, hating becuz he is from California etc etc. Bush simply has not gotten enough carriers to establish himself, period. Bush Has averaged 10 CARRIES his entire NFL carrier, and if any of you know about Football, i mean true NFL heads, you understand that running backs need to get into a "Rhythm" .

Bush hasnt had that chance, he may never will. All credit to Thomas and Bell, they doing thier thing. All of the "he cant-run-between-the-tackles talk is crazy. Chris Johnson, excellent ball carrier for the Titans, Same build as Bush, Johnson stands 5-11. 200lbs. whats the difference?? he is getting CARRIES, roughly 17-23 a game, and you see the results. If you start to look at this Bush situation from a REAL analytical standpoint and not an Emotional one, you will truly understand whats really going on.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Reggie, we are honored to have you visit our forum. Great post. I have one of your jerseys. You looked great against the Rams and I hope to see you back on the field against the Patriots!

Tell Kim I said hi and that her booty is bangin'!!!!

Geaux Saints!Saintslogo

1 person likes this.
  3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

As much as I like that Reggie Bush is a Saint, I admit that I hold my breath every time he gets the ball, not because he might break off a highlight reel-worthy run, but because I'm worried that we might be looking at another fumble...

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The way he has been running with the ball lately I feel like he has overcome the fumble problems. Whenever he sees he has to hunker down for that extra yard or two he has been very protective of the ball.

The last fumble was the Jets game I believe.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

L.....
    O.....
    L.....
    :lol:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bush had the chance due to his contract yet spit the bit. pierre and bell get minimal carries yet make the most of it. usually without fumbling every game.

they also dont run backwards or out of bounds every play like #5.

or get hurt by air. reggie gets hurt by going out of bounds more than anyone in history.

he is beyond inconsistent. cannot depend on him.

make no mistake, i fully expect him to win one playoff game for us almost by himself with a punt return and such...then disappear like houdini the rest of the games. but it will almost be worth it.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'll admit I don't like much that comes from the land of "Fruits & Nuts" but that's another lame excuse to try to cover Bush for his lack of production.

His number of carries must be working as the Saints are 10-0 and they looked pretty damn good on offense this weekend without him. I think the over-used comment about DCs having to plan for him was shot down this weekend. True...it was only Tampa Bay but even so, I don't believe Bush strikes fear in opponents as some would say.

We seem to like Ellis pretty well and have had other USC players before who were welcomed. Bush is a great athlete but playing in the Pac-1 is not the same as the NFL. It's not even the same as the SEC or Big 12. If Bush realizes this and stops running backwards, stops falling down when touched, and starts making better decisions...he may have a long career.

I don't think people hate him or even dislike him, they just want to see something that resembles all the hype about him. The thing that griped me recently was when he talked about going undefeated. I don't want to hear anyone say that but if a player does...I would hope it would come from a more productive player.

I think most people would stop noting his shortcomings if people like you would stop trying to tell us how great he is. His Heisman numbers will never be duplicated in the NFL. Why can't you west coast ,non college football playing wanna-bees figure that out? :grin:

1) NFL
    2) SEC football
    3) Big 12 football
    4)
    5)
    6)
    25) High School football
    67) Underwater basketweaving
    68) Pac-1 football

:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he hasn't had enough carries because he is a pansy and never took a hit in college, and now that he is playing with the grown ups, he gets hurt every other game. Don't even put Chris Johnson and that guy in the same sentence. Chris Johnson is a better running back. Chris Johnson welcomes hits, and spins off of them, or knocks USC fags like Brian Cushing in the dirt. Reggie Bush would run for his life to the sideline and then cough the ball up.

As far as being a threat, yeah he is a threat once maybe twice a game. So is Devry Henderson, so is Robert Meacham, so is Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell who were both undrafted. Reggie is not special, and is nothing more than a glorified punt returner with speed and some agility, who can't stay on the field because of injuries, and coughs the ball up too much. He is a good on my fantasy team as a flex player when the Saints play some crap team.

9. mindy

mindy Founding Member

He won't stop running backwards! WTF?

Also, he would gain so many more first downs if he would stop being such a wuss and put his shoulder down and run forward for a yard or two more, but noooooooooo, not reggie, he has to saunter out of bounds to avoid taking any kind of hit at all, a whopping one yard before the first down marker.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think stopping the clock was more important than getting the 1st down at that point in the game.