The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was OK with the pick at the time but, man, imagine if the Saints had Mario Williams.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mario Williams back to being a dud. Only 2 sacks this season.

Next....

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you were also elated with the obama pick as well.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bush is a factor in this offense, no doubt.

I watched the replay of the Giants game and the play action passes that worked best were always Reggie Bush in the backfield. Linebackers and the safety bit big time and it was like taking candy from a baby for Drew Brees and the Saints wide open receivers in the seam.

And now that we have 2 legit backs, Payton is not forced to use Bush running in between the tackles. So now you're seeing more plays resulting in positive yards or the great decoy plays. All part of the machinery that is unstoppable at this point.

Reggie Bush will have the last laugh when the Saints organization is holding that valuable piece of hardware in February. All the haters will be forced to shut the phuck up.

5. tirk

you know you've lost the argument when you claim a players biggest asset is hes a great decoy instead of actual production.

from a great wr to a backup slot guy.

from a starting running back to 4th string.

from a supposed great kick returner to bench.

from a supposed great punt returner to a fumbling mishap mess relegated to backup.

but wait, everyone is so scared of him thats how all the 6 other players scored.

thank god we have reggie bush. drew brees counts his blessings every night for him so hes able to orchestrate this offense.

fixed

6. c17driver24

c17driver24 Freshman

I have been silently watching this post for a while now...In the ATL game, 2 rushes for 3 yards and 1 touchdown. I am sick and tired of all the analysts saying they cant wait for Reggie to break it wide open on special teams...didn't happen, instead Roby played consistent, FUMBLE FREE, return duties. Why is Bush featured in the ESPN highlights when you could have put Jahri Evans in on that decoy pitch and had him score...seriously, no falcon was even close, and it had nothing to so with Bush's incredible athleticism or abilities as a decoy (sarcasm in reference to the decoy duties for you faithful bloggers on this post). I wish we dumped him b4 the week 6 trade deadline because his stock is continuing to fall. I am a Saints fan for life, but he is a bust, bottom line.

7. tirk

thats because you know what you're talking about.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

:thumb:

9. c17driver24

c17driver24 Freshman

Also, I really am not wanting to be a "Bush hater" but he stood around in the endzone after his gimme touchdown waiting for the team to congratulate him. Shockey and Colston both are playing out of their minds and I didnt see either one of them 'begging' their team mates to congratulate them after their phenomenal games...again, i lie Bush, but as a saint, he is not "economically viable."

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Dude, Shockey usually celebrates each catch he makes for about seven minutes. I think it's hilarious (but he even did that last year when he was basically terrible). So he does try to draw attention to himself for an extra pat on the back.

Colston is the ultimate professional.

Who cares about Bush as long as the Saints are winning and he isn't hurting the team. That was a great call on the Bush play by the coaches. I agree that probably anyone on the Saints team would have scored on that one. So the coaches get the credit there. I didn't really see it as Bush begging his team to congratulate him.

And Bush will probably always get attention on ESPN even if his play is lackluster because of plays like the TD against Miami that only he could likely make. It's just an entertainment factor that he has. But basically all he is right now is a role player and that's good because we don't have to see him running up the middle for a loss of five over and over. And he actually hit a few people tonight when he had the ball and even made some nice blocks. So maybe the reality of his diminished role is actually helping him in a small way.

Just be happy that if the season ended today, Colston and Shockey would likely both go to the Pro Bowl along with Drew Brees. And I've gotta say...Devery Henderson has been superb in catching the ball this year.