The Masters

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 7, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Great column

Anybody catch the post conference with Phil? He is a hoot and always great with the media. They love him.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

No dude, "you're" thinking of something else. Even Faldo commented that he hit it "right through the fairway". He did not pull it at all. Last Monday I stood about 15 yards from exactly where Phil hit out of the pine straw and it was 13. Its the last hole of amen corner before they start the side by side holes of 14 and 15. His incredible 6 iron was right after his birdie on 12. 15 is also a par 5 but has the Sarazan bridge on one side and the short par 3 16th right behind the green on 15.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

correct. and youll notice the fans line up there knowing thats where the balls end up.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't know why I thought it was the last par 5, thinking it was much closer to the end of the round. Yes, it was 13 and obviously he didn't pull it, he blocked it shot out to the left.

I just watched the shot back on my dvr and I now know why I thought it was the 15th. When Phil missed the easy eagle putt, Jim Nantz or Nick Faldo mentioned it was the same as he did on 15 last year (blowing past the hole with a fairly easy eagle putt). So I think I got 15 stuck in my head.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Well i'm not on anyone's jock, unlike you who's covered with Lefty's fruit-of-the-looms!

6. DownOnTheBayou

Yes he said he would "try" to tone it down. But do you honestly think that Tiger can do that overnight???

It's like if Dale Earnhardt Sr. said he would stop wrecking drivers to get himself to victory lane, yeah right.

Again, Jim Grey said it best....the emotion Tiger showed on the course, good and band, doesn't bother me at all. That's why people watch golf now. Golf was nowhere near as popular back in the pre-Tiger era as it is today. There would be no Golf Channel if it weren't for Tiger. And the money won each week on tour wouldn't be as high today if it weren't for Tiger. For that reason alone i guarantee you all the other players on tour don't want Tiger to change.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You were doing fine until that line. TGC aired a year before Tiger came on the scene. No one player is bigger than the game. The PGA Tour survived long before Tiger and will survive after he's gone.

1 person likes this.
  8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

1000% agreed.

This is my #1 issue with the way the press handles TW, whether it's good press or bad press.

The NBA went on after MJ retired.

9. DownOnTheBayou

I never said the PGA couldn't survive without Tiger. I said it was nowhere near as popular before Tiger. And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I'm not a big fan of Lefty, but i like what he said when asked about Tiger's apology to all the players. He said Tiger owes him nothing cause he's done so much for the game of golf.

I'm just tired of the media and their hypocracy. Tiger's on the course antics were never a problem until now. Jim Nantz never complained about it until now, he even admitted that. But yet they still put the camera on him as much as possible. And I guarantee you CBS, NBC, ABC, and ESPN want any tournament that Tiger is in because of the ratings he brings.

We all know Tiger isn't gonna change what he does on the course. So if the networks don't like it, then take the camera off of him. And we all know that ain't gonna happen either.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Not ever.