The Masters

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Great column

Great column by Bruce Jenkins in today's SF Chronicle:

Bruce Jenkins' Three Dot Blog : Tiger's the Bad Guy Now

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Re: Great column

His whiney little act in his post masters interview did it for me. "Boohoo I got fourth. The world is ending."

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

He didn't whine. He simply answered the question. He did not go there to win 4th; he went to win. Anytime he does not win he is not happy. How does that differ from what any other pro golfer feels?

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

seriously? You did not see that as whining? I understand being down on yourself and your game. All athletes can get down and irritated at their game when it is not working, and pro athletes even more so. That interview was nothing but him whining that he did not get first. Isn't golf the gentlemen's game? There are ways to express that you did not play well without insulting every one below you. He acted like a spoiled petulant child.

I am sure all 50 golfers behind him would have loved to be 4th.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

You're right. But this is what separates Tiger from the rest of the PGA. He doesn't settle for anything less than winning and that's why he's the best to ever play.

Any other golfer that would've started the final round of the Masters like Tiger did would've folded and shot an 80. Tiger's will to win won't let him do that, and he came back to shoot a 69.

And i'm so sick of the criticism of Tiger's emotions, good or bad, on the golf course. Who gives a rat's azz if he drops a club in disgust or fists pumps after a great putt. Does he break his putter over his head like Woody Austin did? Does he hit his club on a sprinkler head which causes it to go off like Davis Love III did? Or throw his putter in the drink like Miguel Angel Jiminez did?

But Tiger drops his club after a bad tee shot and he's the anti-christ? Gimme an f'n break!! Tiger was right, people are making WAYYYYY too big a deal of this.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No, it was definitely 15.

You're thinking of something else.

He did pull his tee shot.

7. islstl

Get off his jock.

The man isn't Jesus Christ.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

:hihi:

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Anti-Christ? Yes, that is too big a deal. He's not the anti-Christ, but he is the game's most famous ambassador, and when he puts on behavior like that, he's not being a very good one. He promised us during the Great Apology that he would not act like that any more. Still waiting.

10. islstl

Speaking of that, Jim Nantz went on a rant about that exact thing. He is upset that Tiger acted like he did when he promised he would change. Nantz said he would be fired if he said things like that on air.

Jim Nantz criticizes Tiger Woods' vocal tantrums - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports