News The Ice Bucket Challenge

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Thanks B. I am jealous of sexy cancers. Just kidding. That was 5 years ago and all she ever asked for from us is to keep moving. She would like where we are now.

Now pour a bucket over your head and start the TF challenge.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Although I agree with this statement: "Anderson backed her stance with a FDA statistic stating that 92 out of 100 drugs that succeed in animal trials fail once in the human trials."

It doesn't finish with the other 8 saves thousands of lives. We don't experiment on ourselves...unless it is an ebola vaccine.

KyleK likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

These PETA fruit loops are just as whacked out as that dumb broad that wants to cull the male population by 90%. They are irrational, and stupid and should be given no attention by anyone smart enough to tie their own shoes.

titoabad1 and KyleK like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A few years ago peta wanted to protest at the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo because hooks were cruel to the fish. They called it off when it became known that there were a bunch of Cajun with ax handles ready to protest peta

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Peta stands for People Eating Tasty Animals

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why don't the people doing this ice bucket thing just donate money or better yet explain where to donate money to or give an address to send money to. I mean it's great that it raises awareness but I counted 50 ice bucket challenges on my Facebook page yesterday and not a damn one of them even explained ALS or said where to send money.

Hell film yourself writing a check not dumping a bucket of ice on your head.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There are some whacked out people in PETA, so I donate to the Sierra Club and The ASPCA. Those damn commercials did me in with the dogs man. And having Sarah MacGlaughlin sing that song with those doggie eyes looking all sad just crushes what's left of my cold black heart.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sort of like this fella?

:D

I agree with you though. It started out great but has become another internet "fad" like eating cinnamon or setting yourself on fire. On the good side, fund raising went from $1.8M during the same time period last year to almost $30M.

9. shane0911

https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/sit...977087&df_id=23441&23441.donation=form1&idb=0

There you go. Part of the challenge is you donate either way. Different "classes" of course do different things. I think its $10 if you do it and $100 if you don't dump the ice water. We donated $100 just because the cause hits so close to home. ALS donations have sort of become part of the budget around here.

10. shane0911

Its well over 40 mil now, will probably hit 50 soon.

LSUDad likes this.