The GOP is trying to turn this country into Russia

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 22, 2022.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Teaching kids to be gay and trans hurts our nation in the long run. They would be better to learn things that lift society up more like math, engineering, etc.

Learning that two dudes clean their poop holes together has no benefit and if they must learn that, their two dads can teach them.

mctiger likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

dunno i was hoping you could tell me what you want to teach 3 year old about gender. seems like math and science and reading will do fine for kids that age.

you should explain it, give that you are the one advocating it should be taught. i am advocating for spelling and history. we know what those things are.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i know what it is and can list its 5 main tenets. i went to college. i am asking you which part of it need to be taught to children? for example do they need to be taught that racism is embedded/codified in the structure of our justice system? do you know what codified means? it means written. where is the racism written and codified into our legal system and other institutions?

i ask again, for the second time, what parts of critical race theory needs to be taught to children?

seems like you want something in schools, but you wont tell us what. why is it a secret?

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And now we get this ridiculous fascist Republican law in Arizona, where teachers face civil and criminal punishment for "usurping the rights of parents".

WTF does that even mean?

Will a teacher be allowed to tell a student "you should think about becoming a lawyer because you have great argumentative skills"... or will a coach be allowed to tell a student "you should try out for the football team because you're a great athlete"? After all, those bits of advice are the types of things parents are wholly within their rights to say, and the types of things in which parents should have more sway, but the law IS PURPOSELY BROAD AND VAGUE to intimidate and silence teachers, to make them robots, to turn society into a herd with an oppressive big government.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

those laws didnt exist when i was in school. but i dont think i was taught CRT in school. did i miss out on understanding race? i went to a mostly black school, does that help?

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Congratulations on your impromptu google search.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

again, like always you have to imagine things that dont happen (like insurrection, climate catastrophe) to justify control.

fanatic likes this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Nobody is trying to teach "critical race theory" in school. How did that escape you, except that you have a reading comprehension problem?

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

can you tell us which parts of CRT need to be taught in school?

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see so why does it matter that it is banned from teaching if you dont want to teach it anyways?

they can ban teaching nuclear fission vs fusion in kindergarten as well for all i care.