The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Anyone thinking Napier is worth 9 million is a fool. And like you said Sabans don’t grow on trees.
    Another thing is, they all piss fans off at one point. Saban got his share of haters at LSU for the losses he had. Hell I was pissed about the loss to Iowa before he left. People also talking about how much LSU loved Aranda, well towards the end he had critics who questioned if he was the right guy as well.
    Let’s hope Woodard does his due diligence and brings in the right guy. Hope it’s the guy who puts lil Napoleon out to pasture.

Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I like him a helluva lot more than you liked Aranda. You were attacking him the day he got the Baylor gig, just days after he helped LSU win a Championship. You in 1 day, were "shitting" all over him, not to mention how badly you failed in the thread on everything. Just own it.

"shane0911 - Jan 16, 2020

Of course he is gone and guess what, just like the Jrs that left early will fall flat on his ass.

Baylor? Pfft how is it these guys are so fucking stupid.

I will enjoy watching him struggle in the big 12"

"I hope he promotes Corey otherwise that beady eyed baldie will probably take him along. What a shit show"

"Baylor, lmao good luck Mr. Clean you will be at absolute best 5th choice of anyone with talent and that is being nice.

Asshole"

"Incorrect friend, he is walking into a trap. He will make a pile of money but he won't see the playoffs again unless he has a ticket."

http://www.tigerfan.com/threads/aranda-baylor-rumor.171977/

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Not sure if Napier is very high on the list. I think if you want Lincoln Riley you should be pulling against OU this weekend in bedlam. If they miss the playoffs I think we have a shot. Heard a lot of Matt Campbell buzz but not sure about it.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So what? What has he done besides not much? Its Baylor, he's done what you do at Baylor, nothing.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Woodward is going to buy his way into a top coach.

Fickell might be the jay Johnson of this search (of course, playoff might complicate things). Aranda is better than y’all give him credit for. I bought into O running Aranda off, but I now realize I was wrong. 2019 had me trusting O off a cliff.

Napier is way down the list for me. I don’t hate him, he just doesn’t move the needle. I’d feel like that if he’d been winning the sunbelt, but he hasn’t even done that.

Hou-duco and Perple like this.
  6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Franklin signed a 10-year extension at Penn State today.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

4 - Mario - Outbid Nike? Yikes
    The Crystal Ball says no!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He may be, hear lots of "He doesn't want to leave the midwest". I say bullshit, if he is the guy that Woody wants then make him tell you no like they say. If he does then you move on to the next.

The problem is timing and other opportunities and it is getting more and more of a mess as the days go by. If Luke is the guy then Woody better have him locked up in blood because if it falls apart at the last minute we are truly phucked!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Aranda's scheme aggravated me at times because I naturally like to see pressure from the front. I always thought it was the scheme but after he left we still have those same problems. In 19 he did enough to patch together an injured D and help win it. Without the offensive juggernaut we would not have made it, but he pulled it together as guys started getting healthy plus the younger guys got reps, creating some depth for the stretch run. I'm convinced the issues we've had from Les to O was on them. Many different coordinators and players, same problems.

10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

He has 'em ranked #8 in the country.

CaryLab, shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.