The anniversary of Cha-Ching!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Aug 31, 2011.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyAYjw3GPmk]WVUE Seth Green at 1991 Saints vs Raiders Halftime show (480p) - YouTube[/ame]

But it was one of those things that, while we thought it was great, the rest of the country apparently didn't agree:

Why The 1991 Saints Dropped Their Lame "Cha-Ching" Catchphrase

We should have known that he was right. I'll never forget before one game, when Jim Henderson came on the WWL pre-game show, and was trying to get fans to sing it in the form of the Atlanta Braves Tomahawk Chop. Calling it awful is being kind.

I don't remember that being a choke job at the end of the season though. What I remember is having to go into the playoffs against a run-and-shoot team, with a cornerback injury situation that resembled what happened to our running backs last year. Milton Mack started the game playing with a separated shoulder. Hard to get your hand up to defend a pass when you can't move your arm.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I had no idea that Seth Green was behind that catch phrase.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Me either and I was living in Metairie at the time and must have seen that commercial 1000 times. I was also at that freakin playoff game that we lost to the Falcons after beating them both times we played them in the regular season. Milton Mack must have been guarding Michael Haynes, because he destroyed us. That game was one of the most painful losses (and there have been plenty) I've ever experienced as a Saints fan.