Thank God Manieri is gone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, May 29, 2021.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

There is no question that throwing to first over and over with Beloso on the pad was overdone and just plain stupid. It may have been stupid to do it at all. Give them the benefit of the doubt on one for whatever the hell they were up to, but after that, it was just plain stupid. upload_2021-6-9_21-44-52.jpeg

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i said it wasn’t a smart idea.
    but it’s the only thing i can figure.

JT would absolutely pay attention to what’s going on at 1st if he’s laying a bunt down. Defensive configuration plays a huge part in where you trying to lay it.

If you can bait him into bunting where you want him to bunt, you shrink the field defensively.

there is no way they thought Beloso was a threat to steal.
    And is run wasn’t the important one, so even if he got a good jump, he wasn’t the out they needed.

only other thing it could possibly be is that they were trying to convince Thompson to do what (and where) they wanted.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah I know, the thing is I can't even figure. Not even a little. I hate the bunt but if I'm going to do it I'm putting it where I want it, not where the other team wants me to. The jedi mind trick doesn't work here.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Leading candidate is the OSU candidate that stood by the child diddler pitcher. Pretty ton def for LSU to go after someone like that if true.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

gotta be a smokescreen.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Read where Casey commented that the reason he retired from OSU 3 yrs ago is that he just didn't have the energy anymore. Last thing we need.

Rolan, shane0911, lsu-i-like and 3 others like this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Casey checks the big positive box (won multiple championships) but he checks some negative boxes also. The Luke Heimlich story is not cut and dry as to what happened, but I don't care. If the issue can't be discussed, answered, and dismissed in a single press conference we don't need it right now. We have way to much of that kind of dirty laundry we are still trying to clean up.

Baseball is the only one of the 3 major sports that we aren't dealing with a major scandal. Its the only one were we are acknowledged by everyone to be among the crème de la crème. We can do better than a retired-because-got-no-energy coach with baggage.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Former Oregon State baseball coach Pat Casey unlikely to take over Louisiana State’s program
    https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/...ver-louisiana-states-program-report-says.html

Louisiana State is likely to look in a direction other than former Oregon State coach Pat Casey to run its baseball program, a media report said Thursday night.

One day after a sourced media report had Casey as the leading candidate to take over at Louisiana State, Baton Rouge media outlet The Advocate had sources saying he is unlikely to replace retiring coach Paul Mainieri.

Though Casey won three national titles and 900 games during a 24-year career at Oregon State, the sticking point at LSU appears to be its recent history with sexual assault incidents and former OSU pitcher Luke Heimlich.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Didn't he let a known Pedo play? Frick that guy.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

That's the Luke Heimlich story issue I was referring to. I looked a few articles and there may be some questions about guilt - but like I said I don't care. I don't want him as a coach

LSUpride123 likes this.