Thank God Manieri is gone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, May 29, 2021.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

like the article said, game within the game.

from the article:

Somers repeatedly threw to first to both keep Beloso anchored but more importantly, attempt to induce Doughty to veer too far off third and get the go-ahead runner out on the base path. But the play backfired when Somers threw to Matthews when he was no longer on the base and the resulting balk put LSU ahead 8-7 lead, then Thompson followed with an RBI single to make it a two-run lead.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh they did, because they knew. See post below about the strategy
    Yeah they did. Im going to keep the guy at 3rd from scoring by holding the fat guy that isn't trying to steal at 1st. That type of dumbassedness deserves to lose.

Hate it for that kid because I'm sure even HE knew it was stupid to keep doing it but coach made him do it. That reminds me of some Les Miles type shit.

Oh and I never boo my own team. I may not watch them because I hate seeing them lose but I never boo or root against them. Only one in the crowd does that.

4. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

Are we sure he was throwing to first to check Beloso? I thought the throws to first were in attempts to get Thompson to show his hand as to whether or not a squeeze play was on . . .

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not Bianco, not Casey… :I

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my best guess is to get Thompson to show bunt.
    but also to possibly fool JT into thinking 1B was staying home to defend rather than crash.
    kinda try to entice the bunt.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. shane0911

I think its clear they weren't really trying to hold fat boy. Whatever the reason it was dumb. Trying to get x is just dumb because how is that even going to work! So what if he shows bunt?

That is probably the worst "strategy" I have ever witnessed.

TigerFan90 likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

that’s why i’m more leaning toward trying to convince JT that 1B was going to stay home.
    try to get him bunting it that direction toward a charging defender able to either hold the runner at 3 or gun him at plate.

cuts the field in half for your defense.

not a brilliant idea, but could have worked if it was anyone other than Beloso (or Milazzo maybe).

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Manierie said today Mitchell Sanford hurt his back sometime during the weekend and will not travel to UT. The bench just got a little thinner.

10. shane0911

Why? JT knew Beloso wasn't going to steal, hell everyone in the park and those watching on TV knew that. Why would we have to convince our own batter of it? A left handed pitcher with a runner on 3rd why in the hell is he worried about anything going on at 1st? If we are going to bunt then we bunt, throwing to 1st doesn't change that at all in any way.