Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners-joining-SEC-football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Jul 21, 2021.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

We see running backs give things to their offensive line each season in the league. Let's assume we see a running back close out a season with dramatic fashion. Why assume they won't "pay it forward," so to speak. These guys are already sharing NIL monies.
    I'm coming to the opinion you need a support group. Clown shows need companionship. :rolleyes:

shane0911 likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just because this is an LSU forum doesn't mean every comment or opinion is somehow related to LSU. It isn't.

You're right, though. Both schools have a over blown sense of importance and their place in athletics. UGA and TX are two peas in the same pod and you know this.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Disney currently owes Texas A LOT of money for the LHN: back end payments. I believe that number is around 190 million. While it doesn't cover OU, Texas is fine.

@furduknfish hit the nail on the head. Imagine playing in a conference where they know you don't care and are out the door. I think this happens more quicly than most imagine.

After all, isn't all of this, basically, in Disney's/ESPN's hands since they hold the contracts?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm pretty sure the Big 12 has some sort of a deal with Fox or some other network, pretty sure its Fox. A lot of people in this area believes it comes from OU constantly getting put in the 11 am slot for TV games. Joe C was pissed at the start of the year and made a big deal of it (as he should)

In the end yes, no one wants to play four seasons as a lame duck so I'd say it is possible this happens as fast as the 2022 season but probably in '23

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Their letter requesting invitations for 2025 received at conference hq

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

They have contracts with CBS, ESPN, and Fox. The latter two are the ones that declined to get into early negotations on renewing the Big12 contracts.

“The general result is that, at this time, with so much uncertainty in the media marketplace as well as the landscape for collegiate athletics,” Schovanec said, “our partners, ESPN and FOX, are not interested in acting preemptively with regard to our contract. They recognize the importance of our partnership, but there’s just too much uncertainty, and they do have four years to go.”

You didn't find that with the SEC and you won't see it when the B1G renews theirs.

ESPN "holding the cards" referred to their partnership/ownership in the SECN and the LHN.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#sidehustle

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The LHN has been the failure we all knew it would be, maybe even more so

TerryP likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In your world, that's the fat girl at the end of the bar when no one else is paying attention to you?

Just askin' ...

shane0911 likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

If it dont make dollars, it dont make cents. Tell your niecster I said hey.

shane0911 likes this.