Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners-joining-SEC-football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Jul 21, 2021.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Only in football

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

That farm school blows the doors off Bama and LSU in pretty much every category of measure outside of sports. Just sayin...

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did you seriously take the time to type this out and somehow your grubby little fingers tapped out the word "Georgia" !

Lmao the fucking gall!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Mizzou has accomplished more in football than several of the current members of the SEC if we look purely through the lens of the SECCG. And, if I'm not mistaken, there are only two teams in the SEC they haven't beaten on the football field.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Name a team in the SEC that mirrors the mentality of Texas more than Georgia. I'll wait.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Are they one of the less than 64 teams you were boasting about? Vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Moo U? I say keep ‘em, but if you’re separating wheat and chaff, they might be on the chopping block.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've always wanted to see the "have's" separate from the "have not's." Vandy, and these schools you mention, may get "grandfathered in" if things progess as I see this whole scenario.

More and more I'm leaning towards the notion we'll end up seeing something like 32 split into two, 16 team divisions, and in the end playing for one title. For lack of a better comparison an AFC vs NFC type of model. Things are moving so quickly right now it's hard to fathom where we'll end up.

Does it make you long for the days of the BCS, or earlier? Do split titles seem bad in retrospect?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If I had to choose between split tiles and turning college football into the nfl, I’d prefer the old way but choose the new way. You have to be bold, unfortunately a lot of the decisions being made are questionable. Not enough respect for the endearing qualities that made/make cfb the best sport.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It’s horrible. “Splitting” a title? It’s basically un-American. I’ll leave you to figure out the answer to your Texas-UGA thing. Maybe drink some coffee or a cold shower after you wake up before posting would help? Just a thought. Don’t shoot the messenger.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am of the opinion that we either let these super conferences happen or players in CFB play less in college and we see degraded games.

We either take this or have more of 2020 type seasons IMO.

lsu-i-like likes this.