Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners-joining-SEC-football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Jul 21, 2021.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Endowment? Sure. And how does that relate, or say affect, the athletic department's "products?" Historically ... ?

There seems to be this notion that the arrogance of Texas somehow effects the SEC. Tell me how the "arrogance of Texas" fares against the "arrogance of Georgia" in this conference? I'm supposed to assume that just because Texas wants something UGA is just going to, "okay?"

Who runs this conference? It's not someone looking to join.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

[​IMG]

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Sark's never coached a game at Texas and if we're looking back at his other schools?

Based on what I know about how things are going in Austin I don't give him more than three years before they're looking for a new coach.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@shane0911 this should be separeated into a new thread.

Bama's down year this year. I'd like to go here.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've seen more than a few coaches I really didn't like and it didn't change my fandom.

Across the board, from head coaches to assistants, it's not all about winning or being good at your position.

Just sayin' ...

shane0911 likes this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Code:
    Reading tea leaves among other natural things...
    I'm coming around to the feeling that we're looking at the idea of super conferences fall by the wayside and we see a model like the AFC/NFC for the title.

There aren't enough good football teams/programs to say college football can put 64 on the field. It's too many.

The model is there but I just don't see the "Rutgers football type programs" in the final group.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think you can get to 64, but they aren’t all home run hitters. That is true even in the SEC.

TerryP likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There's a notion that since the game has "playoff" attached it's a better ball game. It's simply not true. It's still the game ball game, same teams, same results.

Let's cut the wheat from the chaff.

lsu-i-like and Winston1 like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

I do not want cfb to be stacked like the nfl. I like tune-ups and I like cinderellas.

I wanted an 8 team playoff, but not a 16. 12 is pushing it. I agree that too much tourney takes away from the regular season, and I think 12 already stepped off into that.

12 v 05
    11 v 06
    10 v 07
    09 v 08

If we do top 8 conf champs seeded in line with the polls, with 4 at large, we’ll have Cinderella’s playing against big teams who missed the mark. Most like no G5’s in the top 4. I guess I can live with that, but I’m not a big fan of “suck, but make a run in the playoffs.”

I’m pretty sure we’ll have more than 4 at large, too, which increases that sentiment. I also hate slashing the pool for bowls to choose from. More of a meaningless exhibition than ever.

10. lsu-i-like

Drop Vandy and Mizzou?