Terrell Owens hospitalized

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Sep 26, 2006.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

but T.O.D. is not human...I heard he once had a broken femur and played through the pain in the Pro Bowl. The guy is like Drago from Rocky...he is like Steel. He will break you

2. clair

clair Rockets

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

are you that baised for T.O.D.? they are not saying this is fraud...they are actually standing by the factual information in their report. the only thing they have changed is "attempted suicide" to "accidental overdose". they are not deleting the information about him being depressed or trying to hurt himself. they have actually invited T.O.D. and his hussy to file an internal affairs complaint if they feel any of the report is wrong so it can be investigated. a large part of me says that will not happen.......

4. clair

clair Rockets

I am not even talking about the police, dude...

I am talking about the media outlets who lied and said he took 35 pills, and all of that stuff...

Do you take 35 pills on accident?

Do you live after that?

This is all just him mixing pills with supplements... like he said

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

your linked report says the police are calling it accidental overdose. so i guess its yes to both.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The mental conditions under which one must suffer to contemplate/attempt suicide are nothing that I would wish on anyone. My family has a pretty long history of it, and it ain't pretty. Despite my negative feelings about TO as a football player, I would feel nothing but compassion for him if this indeed were the case. He's still a human being, and every bit as capable of suffering as you and I are. For people to make it into a laughing matter is tasteless and shameful. If you had ever lost someone to that (and I hope you don't), you would not speak so lightly about it. I think NLMD said it best...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

if i had lost someone, i would be the first to speak lightly about it. i am able to separate reality from meaningless conversation.

why does everyone have to be serious and reverent all the time, you guys are a bunch of stiffs.

when a celebrity wants attention , you are supposed to laugh, not be concerned. if you want to be concerned about human suffering, i can come up with millions of people with deserve infinitely more attention.

8. Contained Chaos

Ok, well why don't you just let me decide who I do and don't outwardly express compassion for? Just because I would feel sorry for TO if he tried to take his own life doesn't mean that I don't feel bad for the starving children in Africa.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

fine by me, but i think it would be a better plan to stop letting the media dictating to you who is important. (and you dont really feel bad for starving kids in africa, thats just what people say)

10. Contained Chaos

The media ain't dictating a damn thing. I feel bad for all people (and animals) that suffer, whether I know about it or not....and especially ones that suffer from mental afflictions. The only difference is, when the media brings it up, people like you and I talk about it.