Tennessee's New Coach?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 12, 2010.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

With Muschamp basically recommending Derek Dooley Im going to go with him as the next choice. Im still surprised Mike Leech wasnt even mentioned

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

two things, one of which i think you might have missed in my previous post.

given, the other schools didnt get into trouble or only got slaps on the wrist.

BUT given it was kitten and his and o's behavior in their final hours there really showed what slime they are, and given that there are already things being looked at, i am wondering if potential hires are worried about what might come to light.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I would think that there aren't many respectable coachs out there that wants to step into what these yahoo's may have left behind.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You need to put down the crack pipe and come to your senses. Mack Brown can sign a top 10 recruiting class without offering anyone out of state and without ever leaving his office. Tennessee has done a really good job recruiting, but it's much much harder. Even in a down year Texas is over loaded with top notch recruits. Tennessee every year has to go into other states and compete with the home state schools. Big time schools are happy to get players that Texas turns down every year. There is no comparison between recruiting at Texas and at Tennessee.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Can't believe they are not at least considering Peterson or Patterson. I like Dooley but he seems like a reach, very little head coaching experience.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

thats what im getting at. the ncaa is sniffing around. in the past few days, kitten and o have more than shown what kind of slime they are. god only knows what they did that has yet to be found that could be worthy of big time sanctions.

if i were a prospective coach, i either wouldnt touch it, or i wouldnt take the job without a HUGE out clause in a contract in regards to sanctions because of those clowns.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Could be, but I have a hard time believing the NCAA wants to stick it to Tennessee after what they just went through (which was punishment enough). Even if Tennessee has some real dirt on them, the NCAA could just fine them the $900,000 that Kiffin had to pay Tenn for breaking his contract.

Now as for USC, I think the NCAA is going to go after them even harder now that they hired Kiffin.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Supposedly, USC went after Peterson, but he loves Boise and doesn't want to leave. He also has a son, Sam, with cancer and he likes the doctor and the treatment he is getting with his doctor in Boise.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I view it the opposite. What makes a man respectable and honorable is doing stuff like coming to the assistance of the downtrodden and to those who have been wronged and whatnot. The situation at Tenn is the perfect place for a respectable man to go to clean up Kiffin's mess and be viewed as a great guy.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I said Texas was at least Top 5 for recruiting while Tenn was Top 10 (at least Top 15). Sure, advantage Texas but not that big of an advantage when you consider there are 120 NCAA Div 1 schools and that you are only limited to like 86 scholarships. Yes, Tenn has to go into other states, but Tenn is a smaller state than Texas. Doesn't mean Tenn has to travel any further to recruit than the coaches do at Texas (Texas is a huge state, takes like a whole day to drive from one side to the other). Also, Texas gets raided by other states... such as LSU and Oklahoma... and also faces in-state competition with Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, etc.