Superstitions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Curley H.

Curley H. Rockne, Hayes, Bryant, Curley H.

My superstition: On the Monday before each game, I type the offensive, defensive, and special teams game plans in Courier New 16-point font (16 is the number of games I won as LSU's head coach) and mail them to Les Miles in an empty Golden Flake potato chip bag. Over the years, Les has done a decent job of implementing my plans. He's even said he appreciates the grease spots on them. For whatever reason, though, Les's teams have had trouble executing my plans versus Alabama.
    Sincerely,
    Curley H.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Lol, they actually do have dry thickening agents that just don't add the flavor that homemade roux' bring to the dish.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

No, I think your plan was fine. What you failed to account for was Chavis and his inability to put away the game.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It would have to be refrigerated in the store and at home and would have to be used within a short period of time but lots of products are like that. It's hard enough for a new food product to get shelf space in a chain of stores and probably even harder to get refrigerated shelf space.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No offense, but it's extremely rare to find a chef that has a clue about making a real cajun roux or gumbo. Most restaurants don't serve anything close to what you would find on a true cajun table. Most real cajuns however have no trouble making a high quality roux or gumbo from scratch. They didn't learn it in a culinary class, they learned in grandma's kitchen.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And she said "phhh, I don't bother making it anymore, the jar is every bit as good.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hey, it's for the team. I am DVRing this weekend for sure, don't dare watch. Though I want to! GEAUX Tigers!

StaceyO likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Whatever it takes. I have watched a few this year, and really gotten into the near real time comments, but just can't risk it against the gumps.

And, OBTW, it ain't superstition, it is a fact, Jack!

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Doubtful...she proceeded to beat the shit out of her kid that suggested using jar roux with her big wooden spoon.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not a chance, it's the truth, just flour and oil, why not let someone else make it

red55 likes this.