Strip Search

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MiketheTiger69, May 15, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not saying anything to be consistent.... if i cannot prove someone not to be a psychic I sure as hell won't belittle them because I think they are a hoax. There have been cases where psychics actually helped the police naming exact places of where to find a dead body or a kidnapped kid. Who am I to say otherwise?

If something is certain to be false and I have proof as such then I will certainly say my thoughts. Just because you think something is a fallacy, martin, doesn't make you correct nor does it mean you should demean someone in the process. Your point is made now you just need to have some couth about your own fallacies of the world.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, i didnt know the extent to which you were willing to believe the obviously false, but now i see. given your level of dislike of rational thinking, i will write you off as a lost cause. my mission to make a convert to non-belief continues....

3. tirk

write me off because I want to belief something false? what have you predetermined to be false? Psychics? Yeah most people who are making a living off it are a hoax....to lump everyone in that category when some have proven to be helpful saving lives....I think ill give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe if you had a child that was rescued that way, you may feel a tad differently.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And people who think pigs can fly are believing in something that's stupid. But, flying pigs and crystal balls are hardly the same as faith in a higher power. You may not believe but it is not stupid to be a believer. A lot of Yankee haters think it's stupid to waste your time going to Yankee Stadium but, since you are a Yankee fan, you don't think so and you wouldn't want to be called stupid for going.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

if a detective looking for my kid consulted a psychic, i would probably beat the **** out of him.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

1. what if you believe the higher power is powering the crystal ball? can i call it stupid then? why is a crystal ball any different than praying to jesus?

2. i am not a yankee fan, i am a met fan! i only go to yankee stadium as a tourist!

3. few of you profess to just believe in a higher power, you have a whole book full of silly myths to go with it.

7. tirk

if you had no other recourse Im sure you'd say no dont do it Id prefer to let my kid die, right? How about if they used em and found your kid as some have done before? Would you then beat the $#& out of them? You see there is a difference in not believing something as opposed to just being cynical to all you don't grasp.

8. tirk

you can call anything stupid, martin, as you do quite frequently. you have it all figured out already.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

if a detective looking for my missing kid was looking in fortune cookies or flipping coins or rolling dice or going to psychics, i am sure there is a very good chance i would break his nose. the idea of that anyone finds that acceptable is stunning.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

To 99% of the people on Tiger Forums, that statement is the most stupid thing said on this entire thread. Therefore, according to you, you are stupid.