Strange seeing transfers still playing for team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 24, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I was thrown for a loop when Florida QB Emory Jones came out on the field and played the entire game. He had announced he was transferring a couple of weeks ago. I was under the assumption that when you put your name in the portal, you cut ties with that school as far as playing. He played the entire game, which I thought was strange, but I guess pretty much anything and everything goes in college football today. I guess this is the "new" normal. Does anyone know if any of our transfers are planning on playing in the bowl game? I'm assuming no, but you know what they say about those who assume!

fanatic likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

They aint out till they accept a transfer offer. Suppose some schools could get bitter and bench em or ban from team but if theres a chance you can win em back, that wouldnt be prudent and might alienate others. In FUs case, dont think they had much else to play with for bowl. Think the other guy, ar15 is hurt.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

It seems to me that putting your name in the portal only means that you are looking to transfer and by NCAA rules it's OK for other schools to start recruiting you. Otherwise, nothing has changed.

4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Then you have to wonder why Max isn't playing for us. Might help his stock in the portal

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

He already went Faggie with his brother!

BayouBengal014 and Richdog like this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

College football is under fullncaa/ Bama/Saban effect. This stuff (huge coach salaries, portal, transfers, paying players, even unchecked shady high school recruiting practices) ruining integrity of the game. Bama and Saban have sealed the fate of the game. Pretense is over.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

As much as I hate to say it, Saban is way ahead of this NIL game! This guy must have telepathic powers or something because every time something new comes along, he's already got a plan in action ready to go. Not too bad for a man who is 70. I strongly dislike him, but I have to give him credit!

8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Yes, he was ready and already had it underway. No one looks. He’s made himself a god. He’s largely responsible for the state of things now. I wouldn’t deny him his success, but he and his program are untouchable. I believe he’s ready for whatever comes along, because he greatly influenced it. I used to say, I’ll be happy when he’s gone, but the damage is done. Now that NIL is in place, he’ll play it it to the hilt. His players will easily benefit from his greedy culture.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You hit the nail on the head! I couldn't agree with you more. Saban is untouchable, not only in the state of Alabama but in college football. He's above the NCAA and anyone who disagrees isn't being truthful. It's just amazing that as corrupt as college football has been over the last decade plus - and it's been really, really corrupt - that he has been able to overcome everything and remain on top!

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I wish he never left LSU..,